Now Foods, 100% Natural Spirulina, 500 mg, 500 Tablets

HAIR REGROWTH

Posted by KMOMO7 on May 18, 2012

I have been taking this for low thyroid function that was causing me to shed hair constantly. I have felt more stabilized energy level, and hair loss stopped almost immediately since taking this. Now I have new hair growth showing at hairline!

This thing is for real.

Posted by Reviewer1776976 on May 01, 2009

I have a stressful life and I usually feed on processed food. My whole tired body was somewhat to blame on those processed food. Ever since, someone told me about Spirulina and thorough research on internet, I decided to take Spirulina and I ended up here at iHerb with fantastic price. I couldn't believe same product is overpriced somewhere else. Coming to the point, I've literally gained excellent immune system, all of my friends, co-workers are suffering this seasonal flu, I'm not. I've started to get compliments on my complexion and tactfulness. And, I believe I don't really remember digestive problems for a while. This thing is working on me. I guess, this never happened to me before I take this thing. I usually chew this inside my mouth, swish for a moment and swallow it with water. This is the most effective way to absorb all nutrients because the fastest absorption begins in your tongue pores than inside stomach. And, it always worked on me. I recommend this to anyone relying on daily processed food with no active nutrients and with hectic, stressful life.

Top superfood

Posted by Reviewer3085277 on Jan 04, 2008

Easy to swallow, organic, ocean-chill dry instead of freeze dry, grown by Cyanotec in Hawaii; perfect food.

made me feel sick

Posted by Reviewer2904186 on May 28, 2008

I love NOW products and have several of them. This one made me feel sick, sluggish and dizzy. I think it may be a little too high in vitamin A for my body to handle. I stopped taking it and felt fine. This will not deter me from buying other NOW products.

Pretty Excellent

Posted by nmbenzo on Nov 18, 2011

Like most people living today, I find it difficult to get a fully balanced, whole-food, nutritionally dense meal, in my diet 3-6 times a day. This is where I feel spirulina (and chlorella) help me fill my nutrient gaps. I take about 6-8grams of spirulina a day, and 4grams of chlorella. I'm a 26 year old, 150lb male and at this dosage, I feel tremendous benefits! My hair and nails grow much faster, and I feel much more natural energy throughout the day. I've also added maca and r-alpha lipoic acid to my supplement intake, and my afternoon drowsiness is virtually gone. I've been taking both chlorella and spirulina at the aforementioned dosages for about three months, I feel more energized and healthy than I did during my late teen years. I also exercise regularly and I play in a soccer league on the weekends, and I feel I can attribute an increase in stamina to both chlorella and spirulina. There is a great article floating around the web available at chlorellafactor.com. Do your due diligence here and else where on the web and read about the benefits of supplementing with both chlorella and spirulina, and you may never want to stop taking these two supplements. NOW Foods is the only brand of both supplements I've tried, but I've read they manufacture their products well, and in a highly controlled fashion. For the price and quality, it's hard to beat. Happy hunting in your quest to maintain good health.