Now Foods 5-HTP 100 mg

Posted by Rena61 on Jul 19, 2015

The 100mg was way to strong for me, however with it being capsule I can open it up and take smaller amounts as desired. Helped me sleep better at smaller doses.

no effeect for 2 weeks.

Posted by MisterPark on Sep 16, 2014

I was taking two weekd this. while taking combined with excercise. I didn't feeling any effects yet.

Not Tried

Posted by 4723963747016940594 on Jan 18, 2014

Not Tried

From California

Posted by Reviewer1818116 on Apr 23, 2013

Didn't feel any differences(

Gives vivid dreams

Posted by 4705604961023613529 on Oct 09, 2012

It`s too soon to judge yet as I`m taking it only for a little bit over a week now. I definitely have vivid dreams but I still have to take half sleeping pill and half sedative to be able to fall asleep. I will have to play around with it a little bit more to really feel how and if it helps with my sleeping problem.

Posted by Reviewer3236248 on Apr 06, 2012

So far, I have to take this product with Valerian, Melatonin, Rescue Remedy, and Tincture for me to fall asleep. It did not work for me when I took it with Melatonin, so I have to add in other herbs.

Mildly effective

Posted by Reviewer2555299 on Aug 25, 2011

I have been taking one a day as advised as I have been experiencing some work stress which has led to depression. My mood has lifted a little. I feel that it is easier to get into a positive frame of mind atleast.

A concern about shipment conditions...

Posted by Reviewer2238251 on Jul 25, 2011

This order was filled accurately and in a timely manner -- as always by iHerb. However, the product being shipped to me contained gel caps in plastic bottles, shipped in a cardboard box, and my order was delivered by UPS in an UN-air-conditioned truck -- during the recent heat wave, when the temperature outside my house was in the high nineties. Consequently, when I received my order, the box, and the bottles within it, were warm to the touch -- while the instructions for storage on the bottles indicated that the product should be stored in "a cool, dry place". Upon receipt of my order, I called iHerb about this issue, and I was assured that the medication in the capsules would have to have been in an environment that was too warm continuously for a few days before any reduction in its efficacy would take place (and I assume that the last phase of the delivery that was done by truck was preceded by cross-country shipment in a climate controlled airplane). Moreover, the capsules themselves did not appear to have been damaged by the heat, and I have not noticed any reduction in the effectiveness of the medication in the capsules. However, the discrepancy between the storage instructions on the product containers and the conditions of the product's delivery were worrisome.

Too soon to tell

Posted by Reviewer3311622 on Jun 10, 2011

I have only been taking this for a couple of weeks. It seems to be working but too earlier to tell for sure. My stress in my life has changed too. I'm not sure if I am feeling better because of less stress or the 5-HTP is doing it's job.

5-HTP

Posted by Reviewer1823125 on Jun 08, 2011

Cannot say much, because I have just started this. Didn't notice much effect, but I think the product is OK.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »