GOOD

Posted by 4891047154947611514 on Apr 24, 2016

induces better sleep

A good one but the effects are short lasting

Posted by 5279111227043442885 on Apr 21, 2016

I have never been taking this supplement and since I work in a healthy food store where we sell these kind of stuff I got to know this product. In my country (Croatia, Europe) this product is very expensive so I am happy that we have iHerb where everything is not that expensive. This product is no miracle but it will help you to become calm and your thoughts will be easy flowing. I noticed that it takes around 30-60 minutes for HTP to start working in your brain. The feeling is similiar when you are done with gym workout and you feel like you are on a cloud, and dont give a heck about anything. I also noticed that I want to sing when I take it :) The negative side is that the effects of the pill last 2-3 hours. Also dont take more than one pill at a time because it will increase anxiety and negative thoughts. I dont suffer from any mental condition that would require for me to take HTP but I took it out of curiosity. Summary, it is pretty decent product that will help you through a stresfull day but the effects are not long enough. Greets from beautiful Croatia :)

5-htp

Posted by 4889945007188491871 on Feb 02, 2016

as per described, did have effects of headaches, excessive dryness of lips and skin, mood fluctuations following day after night time consumption.

Product Effectiveness

Posted by 5694595453968319568 on Jun 01, 2015

I also search for many researches about how to make brain recovery from illness like Depression or Bipolar Disorder and then I find out the best way is using SSRI (Fluoxetine, Sertralien etc.) but it have many effect like sleep disruption or stimulate more NorE and Dopamine that can trigger to mania phase in Bipolar Disorder patient. 5-HTP is alternative way but It's only increase serotonin in blood and very liitle in brain because of blood-brand berrier moreover there is no evidence that 5-HTP can make brain recovery like the drug. Nevertheless 5-HTP has effective to make mood better, eat less, recovery from depression in some patient etc. its dosage is vary 100-300mg normally, that dosage can stimualte people to feel euphoria or maybe some cases to feel sleepy. If you using 5-HTP I recommend to also use Vitamin B6 (recommend at 60mg per day) and Magnesium (Amino acid chelate is the best form and Mg Oxide is hard is less bioavailability) those supplements will help serotonin synthesis but you should aware using Vitamin B6 in longterm because it can be toxic for your nerves. By the way the effect of 5-HTP is vary in individual patient you should try for start at 50mg a day wait and see the effect about 2 weeks.

Calmness

Posted by 4813022129769406459 on Mar 28, 2015

Think IT works. But i have tried other sorts. One works better and one less. Cant tell why.

5-htp

Posted by 5305777460607451892 on Mar 19, 2015

very good

Good product!

Posted by Reviewer1484391 on Jul 08, 2014

Helps calm me down and sleep better.

no results yet...

Posted by 5729646138997775387 on Jul 01, 2014

i ordered d-htp because of my poor quality of sleep. it's been 4days. but no results yet.. i'll keep on taking then for another couple days to see it they kick in

Not so good as expected

Posted by 5232295890670795300 on Jun 12, 2014

Greatly helps with sleep. After 2 capsules x 100mg - I fall asleep in minutes and feel more refreshed in the morning. But I didn't notice any improvements in my mood - everything is as usual.

5- htp now brand.

Posted by 5498205521158147148 on Apr 18, 2014

Quite mild but effective.