Now Foods, 5-HTP, 100 mg, 120 Vcaps

Helps keep me on the up and up

Posted by diyhealthhunter From North Carolina on Jul 22, 2012

For the past year I have been taking 5-HTP combo with St. Johns wort. I find it relatively hard to explain the positive effects when taking it. The effects of not taking it are what I am aware of. I take it with such regularity I kind of forgot how I used to feel. Was kind of like waking up with it being overcast outside each day. Now even when it is overcast it is partly cloudy at worst and usually partly sunny in my mind. Yes diet, sleep, keeping hydrated etc...all play a part in mental health. I have just noticed that if I forget to take or stop taking for a few days (which i like to do to make sure everything is doing its job) things begin to be less than optimal. I take other things but nothing in that window after digestive enzymes at dinner and when I wake in the morning. I can tell the difference without more so than taking it constantly. I think after time your body gets its levels/base line up and it takes a few days of not having something for it to drop off again. I think it is worth a shot, I found St. Johns wort as a stand alone to be less than effective, together it works for me. I don't take any meds/pharmies nor do I drink etc...so I am fairly in tune with being able to monitor how my body reacts.

Great product

Posted by TheSoulfulSpoon From South Carolina on Aug 18, 2012

This product is a must have for me. I have battled with depression and overeating all my life and this product WORKS> it does not simply make you not hungry, but gives you a more positive outlook and really takes the "blues" feelings away that can lead to a crummy eating lifestyle and depression proned activities like overeating. I take 2 in the morning before breakfast and 2 before dinner. I also sleep better too.

So far so good.

Posted by Reviewer3155280 on Sep 16, 2011

I actually feel good on it. Been on st johns and that didn't do much for me. I like it!!! Puts me in a better mood. But, doesn't help w sleep for me though. Price is good too.

Feels good

Posted by Reviewer3287921 From Finland on Jun 30, 2011

My mood is better and more stable. Cannot figure out any other reason than starting with 5-HTP. Only kind of down side is that dreams have become wicked..

Works well

Posted by Reviewer1190932 From Chile on Jun 10, 2009

My wife has daily wicked headaches. This seems to be the only natural pill that works.