This product is fantastic

Posted by Reviewer2305178 on Jan 23, 2010

I have been using this product off and on for 10 years. I previously had to be on an anti-depressant for mild to moderate depression but I couldn't stand the side effects any longer so I quit taking the prescription. Whenever I feel that depression coming on again, I start taking 5-HTP and my symptoms disappear within days. It makes me level, makes me feel normal, and has no side-effects. My husband, daughter, and son have taken it at various times to combat depression. We are never without a bottle of 5-HTP in our house.

Helps me sleep

Posted by Reviewer2407880 on Feb 01, 2010

Now 5-HTP works as well as the more expensive equivalent my Naturopath prescribed. Same effect for less money. What's not to like.

Sleep at last

Posted by Reviewer3062832 on Jul 08, 2010

I love this stuff in combination with melatonin. I switched to a higher potency of the usual melatonin. I am 75, and I fall asleep usually within 15-20 minutes. It seems to work better the longer I take it.

Works

Posted by Reviewer2588459 on May 29, 2010

Excellent! Works!

From the Netherlands

Posted by Reviewer2985703 on Jun 09, 2010

This works good! After a weekend partying i take this with c-1000 and melatonine and i dont have that after E dip

GREAT PRODUCT

Posted by Reviewer2362760 on Jul 25, 2010

Great product. Thank you!

For me better than zoloft or any other SSRI

Posted by Reviewer1162160 on Aug 23, 2010

I have used it (100mg) 2 weeks now. My mood is better my energy is also. I have still anxiety in some social situations so I might try to take 1-2 caps more per day. It does not make me tired, almost opposite so sometimes I take it in the morning.

more than a good day

Posted by Reviewer2506398 on Oct 17, 2010

I hadn't read anything about 5-htp improving ability to concentrate nor much information about alleviating morning stiffness, but it has done both. Those 2 points make it a great product. In addition, I am getting a better night's sleep. I use it 5 days consecutively and then skip a few days. It is helping me to double my workload capacity. The side effects are odd for me, a little intermittent nausea and vascular pressure changes.

The cure for clinical depression

Posted by Reviewer2859583 on Oct 08, 2010

This works like you wouldn't believe. Was told by a physician that a pharmaceutical SSRI was the only way for me to feel better. This product offers neurotransmitter support. I use it with happy camper and I actually am feeling better than I did after 6 months on the SSRI.

It really works!

Posted by Reviewer2992996 on Nov 19, 2010

In Finland we have now the dark time "kaamos" and the mood is often very low when You can't see the sun enough. 5-htp is giving a good relief and gets my mood up in a good way. The only side-effect is that I'm getting somewhat sleepy so I have to take my pill in the evening before I go to sleep.