Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials

Now Foods, 5-HTP, 100 mg, 120 Vcaps

5 HTP finally got me off Zoloft

6 peope found the following review helpful

Posted by Reviewer2088538 on May 07, 2010

I took Zoloft/Sertraline for more than 15 years (since it was first introduced for depression), and though I'd try before to get off it, I couldn't kick what experts now know is a VERY addictive drug. With the help of excellent advice on gradual step-down from Zoloft (halving the dose of 100mg per day over 3.5 months), I became Zoloft-free ~4 weeks ago and have been taking 5 HTP at 100mg per day instead. The improvement in mood has been gradual but I am starting to feel better, less melancholy, more energetic, and less agitated. As I have a long and difficult history of moderate to severe clinical depression, I will increase the daily dose of 5 HTP to 200mg per day to see if that helps. I've read volumes on the topic of using supplements to treat depression and have also added a daily dose of lecithin (NOW granules in my smoothie), Vitamin D (gelcaps), inositol, and B-Complex. Though this may sound like a lot, all these supplements help to improve brain chemistry as it relates to depression. I hope this helps someone else struggling with this life-limiting disorder. Be well!

Great Product

Posted by Reviewer3158176 on May 06, 2010

Dramatic effect. Moods and irritability transformed. Life changer for the rest of the family.Highly recommend if you're trying to avoid medication.

I've been using it for years

Posted by Reviewer1012974 on Oct 19, 2010

This is my tried and true mood booster and sleep aid for fibromyalgia. It can't take away the pain, but it can help you cope, and it helps make sleep a little easier.

Always a basic.

Posted by Reviewer3191602 on May 01, 2008

Not a day goes by without a 5-HTP. I have severe clinical depression and it's treated beautifully with this and St. John's Wort. My husband takes it too. The pharmaceutical antidepressants have too many side effects for me.

Quality Product!

Posted by Reviewer2623455 on May 08, 2008

I have tried other brands of 5HTP and prefer Now Foods.