worked for me

Posted by 5148212484856091563 on Dec 05, 2015

helps me a lot with concentration also helps me to fall asleep immediately(usually it takes 1h minimum)

Knocks me out and I sleep deeply

Posted by Sandra on Nov 28, 2015

It takes a while but it works. I now no longer need to take antidepressant/sleeping pills like trazadone etc. It really helped me to kick off my trazadone which I was taking for nearly 2 years. Trazadone is the worst thing to cold turkey on; I thought I was dying. If I am really stressed and can't sleep I add some tryptophan to fall asleep; but that is rare. Wake up feeling relaxed and well rested.

Excellent

Posted by InformedMom on Oct 27, 2015

Take it at bedtime...love it. Relaxes the mind.

It's my miracle cure

Posted by 5444565716563582982 on Oct 20, 2015

I've been feeling mentally unwell, lethargic, anxious for the last 15 years, which has progressively gotten worse. It took me great effort to get out of bed, shower and get myself to work. Docs put me on valdoxan, worked brilliantly for 8 months then just stopped working and me me irritable. I weaned myself off and took 100mg 5htp in the night, b complex vitamins in the day and I have to say, I feel like my old self circa 1999. It's a great feeling!!! I'm more energised, rarely irritated, no more mood swings. My migraines are less frequent. I'm happier. I'm able to get out of bed, shower, and just love life. I'll keep buying this until it stops working. Hopefully never.

Better than expected

Posted by Reviewer2471600 on Sep 02, 2015

This product is as good or better than the ridiculously expensive pharmaceutical grade 5 HTP my doctor sells. I have switched over permanently to this NOW brand. I'm saving money without losing results.

slightly affect mood

Posted by 4971364879385956374 on Jul 25, 2015

It is not effective as i expected

Now Foods 5-HTP 100 mg

Posted by Rena61 on Jul 19, 2015

The 100mg was way to strong for me, however with it being capsule I can open it up and take smaller amounts as desired. Helped me sleep better at smaller doses.

Product Effectiveness

Posted by 5694595453968319568 on Jun 01, 2015

I also search for many researches about how to make brain recovery from illness like Depression or Bipolar Disorder and then I find out the best way is using SSRI (Fluoxetine, Sertralien etc.) but it have many effect like sleep disruption or stimulate more NorE and Dopamine that can trigger to mania phase in Bipolar Disorder patient. 5-HTP is alternative way but It's only increase serotonin in blood and very liitle in brain because of blood-brand berrier moreover there is no evidence that 5-HTP can make brain recovery like the drug. Nevertheless 5-HTP has effective to make mood better, eat less, recovery from depression in some patient etc. its dosage is vary 100-300mg normally, that dosage can stimualte people to feel euphoria or maybe some cases to feel sleepy. If you using 5-HTP I recommend to also use Vitamin B6 (recommend at 60mg per day) and Magnesium (Amino acid chelate is the best form and Mg Oxide is hard is less bioavailability) those supplements will help serotonin synthesis but you should aware using Vitamin B6 in longterm because it can be toxic for your nerves. By the way the effect of 5-HTP is vary in individual patient you should try for start at 50mg a day wait and see the effect about 2 weeks.

Calmness

Posted by 4813022129769406459 on Mar 28, 2015

Think IT works. But i have tried other sorts. One works better and one less. Cant tell why.

5-htp