I feel MORE depressed taking this!

Posted by Reviewer1623543 on May 14, 2008

I started taking the full capsule when I received my shipment. I took it at bedtime and it kept me up all night with rapid heartbeat! I tried to open the capsule and take just a little bit each night and sometimes during the day for about a week. I noticed i felt REALLY depressed and irritable. I do not recommend this product.

Helps with sleep and dreaming!

Posted by Reviewer2253579 on Mar 07, 2008

This helps with deep sleep (I don't seem to thrash at all now), dreaming, and it also seems to help elevate mood.

Disappointed....

Posted by Reviewer2062658 on Apr 09, 2008

I am taking this along with GABA and L-Theanine to help me sleep - but it is not working.

Side Effects

Posted by Reviewer1840608 on Jan 04, 2011

I have been taking 5-HTP - one a day - and have been experiencing side effects...gas and bloating. I eliminated other supplements one by one and it was not until I stopped taking 5HTP that my symptoms disappeared. It sometimes helped me with sleeping but the effects kept me up anyway. I find many other side effects from research on the internet and wish I had taken time to do so besides reading the reviews on iHerb.

Herbs Are The Greatest

Posted by Reviewer3315506 on Feb 18, 2007

Works very well. I Use Gaba with this product as well. Alternative Doctor Suggested To me & it Does wonders..Is much better than sleeping pills & drugs that leave you with drug hangovers..With both of these it takes away lots of depression.Hope it works as well for you as me .. Thanks Donnie

Excellent product

Posted by Reviewer3271529 on Feb 23, 2008

Love this product. I take it with Now's L-tyrosine and the combo works wonders for me.

Good value

Posted by Reviewer2948475 on Jul 06, 2008

This is 1/4 the price of our 5-htp products here in NewZealand, so well worth it.

I have poor blood circulation

Posted by Reviewer1249251 on Jan 26, 2009

I bought Garlic & Ginger , Ginger Root , Lechithin , 7-KETO , 5-HTP and Potassium Citrate caps. And I use Calcium tablets. Garlic Ginger Root and Lechithin improve blood circulation I thought. Lechithin , 7-KETO , 5-HTP and Potassium Citrate and Calcium improve autonomic nerve , maybe. I feel became better than I had them. But Lechithin tablet is very large , Be carefull when you have this. My esophagus damaged while a few days.

Helps With Anxiety and Carbohydrate Cravings

Posted by Reviewer2057592 on Feb 10, 2009

I take one at bedtime and have to take two Valerian Root capsules so I can sleep. I can't sleep if I only take one 5-HTP capsule. This helps a lot with anxiety and carb cravings.

Now Foods, 5-HTP, 100 mg, 120 Vcaps (

Posted by Reviewer2158908 on Feb 16, 2015

I use it only in combination with Jarrow Theanine 100mg. It works magic. I retain a good sleep and awake in the morning refreshed :)