good product

Posted by Reviewer1335352 on Oct 23, 2013

it helps

not working for me

Posted by 4718683159162981841 on Oct 19, 2013

no affect on depression or on cravings, despite ads. but it's cheap enough and recommended enough to try once.

Adrenal Support

Posted by Health-YourWealth on Oct 11, 2013

I recommend this NOW 5-HTP in conjuction with Jarrow N Acetyl Tyrosine for Adrenal rejuvenative.

Great product

Posted by 5633386612475883501 on Sep 12, 2013

I have already written my review on Now Foods 5HTP (60 vcaps), so I am just going to do a short version of that: this is a great product, it shows the promised results, I also started to notice results regarding lower appetite, so if this is the main reason why you want to try it, I think it works.

Excellent product.

Posted by Reviewer3002939 on Sep 11, 2013

Great product. Great pricing.

Great if you have depression from low serotonin

Posted by Reviewer3262380 on Sep 08, 2013

My husband has had mild depression his whole life. 5-htp really takes the depression away. If you open the capsules and pour out how much you want onto a small plate then lick it off and swish it around your mouth and under your tongue to take it sublingually you are much less likely to get gastrointestinal side effects such as cramping or diarrhea. (serotonin controls gastrointestinal motility so you can get more motility than you want if the 5-htp gets transformed into serotonin in the gut.) We find that taking it sublingually seems to get more of it into the brain and less into the gut so you don't have to take as much. If you are taking the whole capsule you can just open and pour into your mouth. My husband only needs about 25 mg each morning. If he takes it at night his dreams are too vivid. Our son takes it, too, in larger amounts because he has bacteria in his gut that produce a lot of histamine and the histamine creates a situation where his 5-htp is used for another purpose in the body and he doesn't have enough for making serotonin. If he doesn't eat any meat so that the bacteria don't have histidine (the amino acid that histamine is made from) then he feels fine. We are working on getting rid of the bad bacteria so eventually he should not need the 5-htp, but my husband has a gene mutation that makes it harder for him to convert tryptophan into 5-htp so he doesn't seem to make enough of it and taking it as a supplement is the only way around the problem.

excellent sleep support and great price

Posted by mmiller on Aug 17, 2013

My husband takes for sleep apnea at night. Works excellent. I have taken it when I have had multiple nights of waking up in the middle of the night.

very good

Posted by 4614833340513791876 on Aug 16, 2013

I take this an hour before bed and notice that when I start to get tired and go to bed, I fall asleep with a clear mind and no constant thoughts keeping me up.

Have a good quality sleep now :)

Posted by Reviewer2100796 on Jul 16, 2013

Very effective on me. Less sleep but a refreshing one, i almost forgot what it was like. 5/6 hours of sleep, I wake up and get up right away, feeling rested and full of energy. Hope it will last !

Perfect to sleep!

Posted by marcosandrey on Jul 14, 2013

Taking this product with GABA, and melatonin. A true sleep you will!