Now Foods, 5-HTP, 100 mg, 120 Vcaps (

Posted by Reviewer2158908 on Feb 16, 2015

I use it only in combination with Jarrow Theanine 100mg. It works magic. I retain a good sleep and awake in the morning refreshed :)

Sandi

Posted by Reviewer1564169 on Sep 05, 2008

Really works for depression. I'd recommend it to anyone. Much better than pharmaceutial.

Dee

Posted by Reviewer1547002 on Oct 05, 2008

This product is restricted in Australia - because of a bad batch of Tryptophan many years ago (from Japan I believe) you need to get a script from a doctor. I went to fill the script and was shocked at the price. $65AUD for about 50 capsules! Your product is superior and much much cheaper. I take it to help me sleep.

Sleep much better!!!

Posted by Reviewer2615656 on Apr 13, 2010

The 5-HTP has made a significant difference in the quality of my sleep. I used to wake up COUNTLESS times throughout the night, and now I only wake up a few times.

Love this product

Posted by Reviewer1251902 on Aug 26, 2010

I use this with melatonin every night and find it is the best sleeping aid. I was on sleeping tablets for many years, due to incessant tinnitus and found myself feeling the residual drugged feeling, in the morning but with 5 HTP and melatonin, I go into the best sleep and wake up feeling refreshed.

Tinnitus - Ageing - Energy

Posted by Reviewer1454935 on Sep 22, 2010

This product keeps me moving, helps my skin, disposition and tinnitus' should I skip my regimen it down plays my energy level and my tinnitus peaks. Have not experienced any adverse side effects. Highly recommended to anyone trying to improve his or her quality of health.

Worth trying

Posted by girlgonevegan on Jun 16, 2011

I'm a very skeptical person and I tend to think it doesn't help anything, BUT I'm so much happier, lost 4 pounds and I'm sleeping better. Maybe it's just placebo/coincidence, maybe 5-HTP works for real. The bad thing is that I don't want to stop taking it!

Helps me to sleep like a baby

Posted by Reviewer2850810 on Apr 08, 2011

I'm perimenopausal and for the past year was having sleep problems. Although having no difficulty getting to sleep, I'd not fall into a deep enough sleep and so be waking up several times during the night. Oftentimes I wouldn't get back to sleep at all and would lie awake until morning - very annoying and very tiring! I didn't want to take medication and upon doing some research found that 5-HTP can help with sleep problems. I was sceptical, but to my delight found that 5-HTP worked almost straight away. One of these taken before bedtime works a treat, so that now I wake up in the night usually only once (for a bathroom visit) and after can go straight back to sleep again. Occasionally I've slept through the night without taking at all - result! I'm now on my 2nd bottle and will continue taking it. I can't recommend it highly enough to anyone who's suffering from sleep problems similar to what I used to experience.

My happy pills!

Posted by 5386833109752080889 on Jul 13, 2016

Great for recovering depressive peeps like me. Taken on an empty stomach, this stuff helps your tummy create serotonin until your body recalls how to do it by itself. Anti depressants make them for you, so your body stops doing it automatically (so I've been told by a naturopath). This is why this stuff is good for recovery - after you've come off your meds and your body has forgotten how to make the feel good chemicals on it's own. I was on psych meds for nine years, I've been off them for four years now and I use 5HTP every now and then when I feel I need a boost. There is a light at the end of the tunnel! :)

Knocks me out and I sleep deeply

Posted by Sandra on Nov 28, 2015

It takes a while but it works. I now no longer need to take antidepressant/sleeping pills like trazadone etc. It really helped me to kick off my trazadone which I was taking for nearly 2 years. Trazadone is the worst thing to cold turkey on; I thought I was dying. If I am really stressed and can't sleep I add some tryptophan to fall asleep; but that is rare. Wake up feeling relaxed and well rested.