Dee

Posted by Reviewer1547002 on Oct 05, 2008

This product is restricted in Australia - because of a bad batch of Tryptophan many years ago (from Japan I believe) you need to get a script from a doctor. I went to fill the script and was shocked at the price. $65AUD for about 50 capsules! Your product is superior and much much cheaper. I take it to help me sleep.

Worth trying

Posted by girlgonevegan on Jun 16, 2011

I'm a very skeptical person and I tend to think it doesn't help anything, BUT I'm so much happier, lost 4 pounds and I'm sleeping better. Maybe it's just placebo/coincidence, maybe 5-HTP works for real. The bad thing is that I don't want to stop taking it!

Helps me to sleep like a baby

Posted by Reviewer2850810 on Apr 08, 2011

I'm perimenopausal and for the past year was having sleep problems. Although having no difficulty getting to sleep, I'd not fall into a deep enough sleep and so be waking up several times during the night. Oftentimes I wouldn't get back to sleep at all and would lie awake until morning - very annoying and very tiring! I didn't want to take medication and upon doing some research found that 5-HTP can help with sleep problems. I was sceptical, but to my delight found that 5-HTP worked almost straight away. One of these taken before bedtime works a treat, so that now I wake up in the night usually only once (for a bathroom visit) and after can go straight back to sleep again. Occasionally I've slept through the night without taking at all - result! I'm now on my 2nd bottle and will continue taking it. I can't recommend it highly enough to anyone who's suffering from sleep problems similar to what I used to experience.

Love this product

Posted by Reviewer1251902 on Aug 26, 2010

I use this with melatonin every night and find it is the best sleeping aid. I was on sleeping tablets for many years, due to incessant tinnitus and found myself feeling the residual drugged feeling, in the morning but with 5 HTP and melatonin, I go into the best sleep and wake up feeling refreshed.

Tinnitus - Ageing - Energy

Posted by Reviewer1454935 on Sep 22, 2010

This product keeps me moving, helps my skin, disposition and tinnitus' should I skip my regimen it down plays my energy level and my tinnitus peaks. Have not experienced any adverse side effects. Highly recommended to anyone trying to improve his or her quality of health.

Sleep much better!!!

Posted by Reviewer2615656 on Apr 13, 2010

The 5-HTP has made a significant difference in the quality of my sleep. I used to wake up COUNTLESS times throughout the night, and now I only wake up a few times.

Knocks me out and I sleep deeply

Posted by Sandra on Nov 28, 2015

It takes a while but it works. I now no longer need to take antidepressant/sleeping pills like trazadone etc. It really helped me to kick off my trazadone which I was taking for nearly 2 years. Trazadone is the worst thing to cold turkey on; I thought I was dying. If I am really stressed and can't sleep I add some tryptophan to fall asleep; but that is rare. Wake up feeling relaxed and well rested.

SUPER POTENT ANTIDEPRESSANT

Posted by 4816614578323688251 on Feb 19, 2015

this product is very effective, one pill will definitely eliminate your depression. i was on prescribed antidepressants since 2003 and i came off "cold turkey" but i felt no withdrawal symptoms because of 5-htp and this is the best way to stop taking them rather than cutting off your dose slowly and painfully i take 5-htp in combination with L-tyrosine.I HIGHLY RECOMMEND BOTH OF THEM

Life-changing!

Posted by 5132341719600432696 on Apr 29, 2014

For me, Now 5-HTP has been 'life changing'. I'm 39, I'm a happy, and positive* person who loves life, however i've struggled many years with anxiety & depression on and off, more and more throughout my 30's. Before taking this supplement, on average, I experienced one good week a month (clear head, positive, relaxed, balanced) while the other 3 weeks I was stricken with low mood & anxiety. I put it down to hormones & I was certain there had to be a natural supplement out there (something that wasn't a processed chemical anti anxiety/depression pill with all the negative side effects). For me, 5-HTP from the seed is it. I obviously have had low seratonin levels & overnight, like a miracle, the 5-HTP cleared my 'glue' head and anxiety. I've been taking it for two weeks. It's the first two weeks I've had where I've felt like the old me - relaxed, clear head & able to cope without becoming anxious. Also, I'm a creative person & all the creative channels have opened up again b/c there's space in my mind (I'm no longer overwhelmed with self-defeating thoughts). It feels like a balancer. It hasn't changed my personality in any way or given me any negative side effects. It has only been positive. I feel blessed to have found it and to be able to purchase it from a trusted online shop 'iherb? Before taking, I read the reviews on amazon that offer good advice (take with food initially, carbs,so yr stomach gets used to it) which was very useful. It's amazing - I call it the seed of life :). I hope it works for you too.

Slept soundly!

Posted by Reviewer2853471 on Jan 09, 2012

WOW! I couldn't sleep (partner snores!) and took one of these in desperation not expecting much. But WOAH! For the first time in a long time I fell asleep THROUGH the noise! No more endless nights of kicking and elbowing....lol