Life Saver

Posted by Reviewer1560640 on Jul 10, 2011

This combined with st johns wort is the best natural way to attention depression/anxiety...i suffered greatly and the medical professions drugs made things worse...i decided to get rid of the synthetic meds and give this combination a try ...5 HTP with St Johns Wort....within 3 days i felt like my life was given back to me on a silver tray...i have'nt had a relapse in over 2 years but i continue on occassion to have this supplement for times when i feel a bit off...Awesome product

Vivid dreams

Posted by Reviewer1393364 on Mar 31, 2010

I don't know how well or not these caps work- I've been taking them for a few weeks now and haven't noticed THAT much change, but I've heard that their impact is subtle. However, I immediately started having vivid dreams and just about every morning will remember what I dreamt about the night before. That may or may not be a good thing for some people- for me, it goes either way, since they're not always "happy" dreams. I'll continue to take them until I use up the bottle and then will probably have more insight as to how effective these caps are for me.

Not very effective.

Posted by Reviewer3220333 on Nov 17, 2011

This doesn't help me to sleep whether I take it 30mins, one hour or one and a half hours before my sleep. The closer to my bedtime I take it, the more likely I will taste a bitterness in the back of my throat after I lie down on the bed for a while. I really wanted it to work.

The best 5HTP

Posted by Reviewer3260068 on May 16, 2009

I love this 5HTP. I've tried all the others, including enteric coated, but I always come back to this one. I've probably been taking it for about 4 years now every night. I find that taking one 100mg tablet when I go to bed works best for me. About half an hour later I feel very sleepy and drop off. I've tried higher doses, i've tried taking it through the day, but this dose is my optimal dose. If I dont take it I start to feel sad during the day (I initially took it for sleep). I think i'll be taking it forever now.

Serotonin Dreams

Posted by Reviewer3094803 on Feb 05, 2007

Great product. What they don't tell you about is that with 5HTP, especially when you first start using it, you remember your dreams when you wake up. Amazing stuff. And if you want to increase the effectiveness of 5HTP add about 50mg of Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate.