Now Foods, 5-HTP, 50 mg, 180 Capsules

Reviews 1-star

5-htp and what it did to me.

Posted by Reviewer3214770 on Apr 09, 2010

First of all the service from iHerb was nothing but outstanding. Super quick servive and the pricing was just right. Now. I had read articles on 5-htp on how it can help boost your seritonin levels, however i found my self going into a black deep depression after a week of takin 50 mg per day. If you are going to buy these consult your doc first . iherb where great but this product just did not go well with me.

Only negative effects

Posted by Reviewer1733310 on Sep 16, 2010

I haven't used it for long but I'm almost certain this product is the cause of several side-effects, while I don't get any benefits from it ! Those side-effects are: decreased libido, and digestive disconfort/sometimes little nausea.

Didn't work for me

Posted by 5136932930875589514 on Aug 14, 2014

my naturopath was reckoning this would be the cure all. I have had adrenal fatigue and some very weird neurological symptoms for a few years. of course depressed and exhausted. This product made me feel unwell in the stomach when I took it in the morning (supposed to take it on an empty stomach) and made me feel like I was being dragged under when I took it at night. Weird foggy feeling the next day. After much research I found out about Siberian Ginseng and Licorice (same brand) and the results after a week are much more impressive than the 5HTP. Keep trying till you find the thing that works for you - it can take a while.