More people need to know about this product.

Posted by Reviewer1288725 on Dec 31, 2009

This stuff works wonders. 50 mg is pretty skimpy though so I take 4 at a time in the evening. I definitely notice a difference in my moods and anxiety level. I was very close to needing to take anti-anxiety meds but as a last ditch effort decided to give this a try. I noticed a difference the next morning after starting. When I stopped taking it for a couple months the anxiety came back so I know it works.

Now 5-HTP 50 mg

Posted by Reviewer2250035 on Sep 10, 2008

Another customer mentioned they use this to help with sleep. Most things seem to need time before you notice the difference. This doesn't. I noticed within the first day or two that it was working and just 50mg.

Now Foods, 5-HTP, 50 mg, 180 Capsules

Posted by Reviewer2590776 on Feb 03, 2009

Since taking 50 mg of this a day, have a feeling of well being that was missing before.

Helps with sleep, migraines, hormone imbalance

Posted by Reviewer2814986 on Sep 24, 2009

This has been wonderful for helping me fall asleep at night. I usually take with 1 mg of Melatonin due to insomnia/perimenopausal Sx. It has worked so much better than the Melatonin alone. I feel very sleepy within an hour. I also have not had as many migraines if any since starting this. If you suffer from hormonal imbalance, migraines and/or trouble sleeping this may be very helpful. Just use caution because this should not be taken with SSRI's which are often prescribed to women for PMS, etc. (can cause Serotonin Syndrome).

Helps for depression...

Posted by Reviewer2636967 on Oct 04, 2008

Really helps against my depression, along with DMAE and St. John's Wort! Especially good for someone for me who can't take SAMe, melatonin, and other things.

Works well.

Posted by Reviewer1539732 on Oct 12, 2010

This works well for my husband. He's taking two capsules for the night and he sleeps like a baby! Only I found on the internet that it is best to take a break of 5-HTP so now and then to make sure it keeps working well.

5-HTP

Posted by Reviewer2971971 on Feb 17, 2009

I have been pleased with 5-HTP. I take it to help stabilize my mood and I feel much better each day.

Good Product

Posted by Reviewer2528490 on Jul 07, 2010

I found out about this product from reading Dr. Daniel Amen's books. It works, and this is a very good quality brand. I usually order NOW Foods brand.

Helps with sleep

Posted by Reviewer2331338 on Oct 24, 2010

After years of bad sleep, I began using 5-htp at night to get a better sleep. Still working on the perfect sleep (like not waking at all) but 5-htp helps tremendously. This brand is affordable, and it works just fine. I really like the Now Foods product line.

Good quality