srbija

Posted by Reviewer2318844 on Apr 15, 2011

A good product and helps positive thinking

Great

Posted by Reviewer2348445 on May 02, 2011

Definitely works. Didn't make me happy like I thought it would though, more like a relaxed content feeling.

Used this for many years - a God send

Posted by AIM-FOR-GOOD-HEALTH on Mar 15, 2016

5-HTP gives you tryptophan what the body needs to produce its own serotonin which enables you to fall asleep. As we age (or reach menopause), we produce much less serotonin and for many sleep becomes a problem. Great supplement, great brand and highly effective solution for insomnia. My advice is to take it immediately before getting into bed otherwise your brain will get the message that you want to stay awake and will take action to counter its effects - that's been my experience of some 20 years of using this. In the end I fully resolved my issue by addressing over-stressed adrenals (which is often a big factor in today's society and for women in menopause especially when symptoms go on for years). I took the herb Schizandra for my adrenals - miracle stuff. I am now cured of Chronic fatigue and insomnia after 9 years of searching for a solution to my sleep issues. (Feel free to go to my Iherb page for my 100 plus reviews by clicking on my username.)

Great Product

Posted by MusettaRose on Dec 31, 2013

This is a small dose, my husband needs 100mg of 5-htp, but my 16 year old only needs 50mg. He takes it around 4 in afternoon and one before bed, to improve sleep cycles as per the book, 'the mood cure'. It is helping for depression too for my husband. However I also have to say that 5-htp has a bad effect on me, initially it works within minutes, but after a couple days my body feels weird and uncomfortable. Apparently 15% of people cannot tolerate 5-HTP, so we take tryptophan instead.

Lift the clouds to your day!

Posted by Reviewer1178317 on Jan 12, 2010

Feel better soon!

from Bulgaria

Posted by Reviewer1343891 on Sep 27, 2011

I bought it hoping my husband can sleep soundly at night, but when he takes it at bedtime - has proved that he could not sleep and wakes up every hour. That changed our approach and began to take it in the morning - really now sleep soundly at night, and certainly as a side effect has less appetite.

For a good night's sleep

Posted by australia on Feb 22, 2013

These help me sleep. Make sure you only take them in the evening though, because they make you very drowsy.

Very effective

Posted by 5709133774324257331 on Sep 25, 2013

I don't know that it has worked as an appetite suppressant, but it has definetly helped me to be in a calm state and help with my anxiety. No side effects that I noticed. I take mine in the morning, since it doesn't seem to make me sleep.

Now 5-htp

Posted by Reviewer2973134 on Nov 14, 2007

It is ok for the price, but I don't think it is quite as effective as another brand that I have used, and will go back to.

Not all 5HTP products created equal

Posted by Reviewer3070798 on Oct 11, 2011

I experienced great results with another brand of 5HTP made by Biovea (slow release) and thought it wouldn't hurt to try the Now brand for a better price but this product gave me the worst anxiety ever!!! And headaches to boot! The anxiety and migraines were why I was taking 5HTP in the first place. 5HTP is natural but not a supplement to mess around with as it's working on your brain. There is no system of standardisation for supplements unlike. I guess there is no system of standardisation of ingredients in one brand of supplements to the next. I'm really pleased it worked for all the people who have reviewed it positively, but I had some pretty nasty side effects.