Now Foods, 7-KETO, 25 mg, 90 Vcaps

4 out of 5 based on 100 reviews

Mixed results/reactions.

Posted by Reviewer1873378 From Michigan on Sep 22, 2011

I tried this supplement because I had a lack of energy, hair loss and severe muscle spasms in my legs and general aches and pains. My thyroid and other tests are 'normal' so I was looking for a natural way to feel better and decided to try this. I took the product for just over 3 weeks, then stopped due to side some unpleasant effects. It did help with the initial severe leg cramps I'd get at night, however, I alternated between feeling excess energy and insomnia and feeling so sleepy I needed a nap. I did sleep better and felt more energy during the day, but I was also developing some strange symptoms, such as hand tremors and strange non-painful muscle spasms in my calves (new symptoms). I was also agitated for several days and very snappy and emotional, again - not typical for me to react that way. These symptoms stopped within 2 days of going off the product...so far, the painful leg cramping has not returned...hoping it won't return. I alternated between taking 1-2 pills a day...I never took any past lunch time, as it would keep me awake if I took it later in the day. My husband also tried this and went off after two weeks, he also initially felt great, he had energy and was feeling better, but then started to become extremely agitated and almost angry. He also had insomnia followed by better sleep after the first week. it did help his concentration, but the mood swings and personality change were not worth the benefits. So, while we both had some positive effects, the bad side effects were too bothersome to stay on this product. I suppose everyone reacts differently to supplements, but this was not 'side effect free' for me or my husband. Take with caution.

Better than Enzymatic Therapy

Posted by Reviewer2674066 From Idaho on Aug 30, 2007

I read Stephen Cherniske's book on aging, and his article on DHEA. I found 50mg 7 keto DHEA gives me a lift and more mental clarity. Cherniske says it gives you an anabolic signal to repair instead of decline. There is no risk of converting excess 7 Keto DHEA to Estrogen. I had taken DHEA before but found even 25mg per day made me edgy. I bought the Now brand, and like it better. After reading more of Cherniske, I'm taking 25mg Now 7 Keto DHEA with 7.5mg DHEA am and pm.

Stay Younger Longer

Posted by Reviewer1541674 From Vermont on Feb 03, 2008

7-Keto is the way to go for mid-life women wishing to retain muscle mass. My muscle tone is reverting back to that of my 30's.

7 Keto

Posted by Reviewer2934595 From Virginia on Aug 07, 2008

Started taking the 100 mg, realized through trail and error that I was taking in too much, made me have muscle spasms. Really liked the results I was seeing, so I didn't abandon the product, just switch to a lower dosage. I am a 44 yr old woman 5'4" and struggle with stress weight. Work out 3 times a week and the results on the fat loss on my legs was inspirational. LOVE NOW products, never have to worry about filler, chems, or anything else. NEVER disappointed, with NOW or IHERB. Recommend to friends.

LOVE THIS PRODUCT!

Posted by Reviewer1392231 From New Jersey on Dec 05, 2008

I will not go without 7-KETO. Gives added energy without feeling "wound up" I can workout for longer periods of time, and it helped get rid of my stubborn abdominal/"muffin" fat that suddenly appeared when I turned 40. Has stopped my hair from being so thin, and falling out. I like the quality of Now products....I just wish iHerb could get it to me faster. I live in NJ so I guess it takes longer to get here from across the country. Sometimes takes more than a week from order to delivery.