Great for mood/ depression

Posted by Reviewer2321253 on Jul 07, 2011

Acetyl-l Carnitine helps with depression by increasing Dopamine. I notice when I stop taking this that I am more depressed. I can't say that it takes away all depression but it helps a lot. I take 1000mg on an empty stomach in the morning.

Could cause amazing dreams with DMAE

Posted by Reviewer1251840 on Jul 22, 2008

I tried this and DMAE, both with brain function in mind... basically I was looking for more plasticity, memory, and overall horsepower. The first night I got the shipment I took some of both, along with Taurine, and had an unexpected dream of truly epic proportions - vivid, long, and coherent. I looked up DMAE on erowid dot org, on a hunch, and it was listed as causing dreams, so I stuck with that one and gave this up so as to not take too many supplements. I have fewer dreams now, and wonder if I'd do better to combine again. Other than that, there isn't much I can say besides I stand by Now Foods.

Excelent presentation of a good product (Acetyl-L-Carnitine)

Posted by Reviewer1762785 on Apr 11, 2008

I used to order this from a more expensive seller and I found this to be a good presentation of a good product. I usually go through exhausting work periods and I feel this helps to overcome exhaustion until a more restful period is available.

Helps with energy and weight loss

Posted by Reviewer1782385 on Feb 28, 2008

I have CFIDS and it is part of my treatment.

Great Price!!!

Posted by Reviewer1368792 on Sep 06, 2008

The only reason I didn't give this product 5 stars is that I don't know how effective it is compared to the more expensive brands. I use NOW brand a lot because I just can't afford the more expensive brands. (My 2 sons have autism that requires lots of different vitamins, supplements, and special foods) The price on IHerb is about 1/2 what I pay at our health foods store.

Great value and Quality

Posted by Reviewer2528228 on Oct 12, 2006

Great value and quality. Does not deteriorate like some of the powders. NOW foods is a company with high integrity and quality.

Excellent

Posted by Reviewer1955297 on Oct 30, 2007

These pills are very good for maintaining brain function especially when taken with the biotin below.

great product

Posted by Reviewer1536285 on Jun 21, 2009

this is my first time using this amino acid. It works very well and I am alway happy with the NOW brand for quality and value.

Exercise Motivater

Posted by Reviewer2862168 on Dec 15, 2009

This is great for getting me to want to exercise (especially after work when I'm tired). It actually gives me a physical energy boost. I take it with a multi B vitamin.

Motivator and clarity of mind.

Posted by Reviewer2590313 on Jun 08, 2013

I get more done in the day and this keeps my mind on the job.