Now Foods, Alpha Lipoic Acid, 100 mg, 120 Vcaps

Posted by Reviewer2360401 on Aug 07, 2009

I am diabetic but I am not on medication. I control my blood sugar with vitamins, exercise, and I watch my diet. Alpha Lipoic Acid helps to lower my blood sugar, without fail. I never run out of it. Now Foods is a superior company whose prices, compared with their good quality cannot be beat.

Good composition

Posted by Reviewer1240173 on Dec 13, 2010

Would have been better without other ingredients like silica & magnesium stearate.

Great for Hypoglycemia

Posted by Reviewer2760326 on Nov 24, 2012

I purchased this product to help control my hypoglycemia after meals. I was a bit skeptical as I have tried multiple products in the past with little result, but after reading the reviews I decided to give it a try. Well, I have to say this stuff works! It has a mild effect but I can definitely tell that it's working. I no longer feel as jittery, sleepy and tired when I take it after heavy carb meals. It has definitely improved my well being and I will be purchasing it again.

Now Foods , Alpha Lipoic Acid

Posted by Reviewer1780975 on Nov 15, 2011

Believe this has helped nerves in my neck and back. will continue to use.

Reduce Diabetes Risk

Posted by Reviewer2197631 on Feb 21, 2009

I have taken this for a long time plus my prescribed medications. I stopped for a while to see what would happen. I had less control without it. As soon as I started taking it again, the control of my diabetes improved.

Great

Posted by notsteveaustin on Apr 07, 2011

I dont know why but I feel better.

An everyday must!

Posted by Reviewer2022835 on Jun 02, 2010

I take R-Lipoic Acid or Alpha Lipoic Acid every day, always with vitamin C. It's a great antioxidant, and it also helps with controlling hunger because it improves the blood sugar levels. I usually take it after a good breakfast.

Consistent Quality

Posted by Reviewer2398874 on Oct 15, 2007

I take this with Acetyl L Carnitine from NOW and they get the job done.

Good for me!

Posted by Reviewer1522180 on Jul 07, 2010

It's easy to swallow and a good price. Less expensive here than vitaminlife and free shipping with orders over $40 (which is easy for me to spend). I take with Now foods NAC 250 caps to produce glutathione. I have good energy taking them both. Can't take energy pills while breastfeeding, so this is good for me and is a super antioxidant for every cell in combination with the NAC. It makes my skin look great too.

Still new to the product

Posted by Reviewer1577898 on Jun 15, 2008

I haven't noticed anything spectacular because I am new to the product (I've been taking it for 3 weeks now). I just noticed that your urine smells like (when you eat) asparagus.