WARNING!!! Do not use if you are mercury intoxicated

Posted by Reviewer1415685 on Apr 16, 2015

I bought this product for liver support, not knowing that Alpha Lipoic Acid = ALA. I am on a long and well thought out detox program, which starts with bowel cleanse and liver cleanse, and then mercury detox. I didn't read all the info on the mercury detox yet because that comes later and it is a lot of info. So first a did the Now Foods Bowel Cleanse, which worked well, I lost the bloating tummy and felt much better. Then I went to phase II: liver cleanse and liver support. Here, Alpha Lipoic Acid is one of the many recommended products. I took one cap every day, And I started to feel so awful after a couple of day... It was like the first years of my mercury intoxication period, right after my new silver fillings had been placed. I felt awful, nauseous, severe intestinal pains, weakness, mind fog, outraged, crying and shouting at everyone, crippled, not knowing what to do and where to go, panick attacks. My blood pressure raise. My ears started ringing. I couldn't sleep no more. I had to keep my mind clear and try to find out what was going on. I went through some files on my computer already prepared for the mercury detox in the future I was planning. There I found many, many warnings: do not use ALA in high doses and unprepared. ALA must be taken in very small doses to start with (from 1 mg to 12 mg!) and because of it's half life, you have to take it every 3 hours, not one minute later. "Taking it less often means running a higher risk of regression or damage. Taking large single doses or once a day doses can result in permanent neurological and other damage. Challenge tests are an example of this kind of usage." This is because ALA (= Alpha Lipoic Acid) is the only mercury chelator that can go to the brain and bind the mercury sitting there. It then goes back to the blood and after 3 hrs, it's half life, it releases the mercury, which then goes to anywhere it wants, but mainly the kidney, liver and intestines. Luckily I had stopped after 4 days of 600 mg of ALA. To start to feel normal took one more week. Well, normal, I am still thrown back in a state where I was years ago, before starting supplementing. Positive side: I know now for sure that I have mercury in my brain and lots of it. Other positive thing: this was a wake-up call for me and I will start the Andy Cutler protocol asap (find it on the web), a protocol followed by thousands of heavy metal intoxicated persons. So when you buy this product, make sure you have first read about ALA and mercury detox, and take the 600 mg as a single dose ONLY IF you are absolutely sure that you have absolutely no heavy metals in your brain.

essential

Posted by Reviewer1153944 on Mar 17, 2015

an essential supp for my regime

very good product

Posted by 5067119457281927627 on Nov 06, 2014

very good product

probably a waste of money

Posted by 5563130519279467371 on Aug 21, 2014

is smell very bad and is so expensive for what you get now foods must try to offer a better quality rather to make bags of cash

great stuff

Posted by kanaca on Feb 07, 2014

This stuff works. Protects the liver when taking meds that are hard on the liver. Plus, people always comment on my skin. I already had good skin, but people now tell me all the time.

Works fast and well

Posted by 5185625878476055280 on Nov 11, 2013

It is a staple. I take it along with Ester-C to mutually boost them. Cheat tip: whenever I eat anything sweet, I take one of these right afterwards to prevent absorption of sugar. Works great to prevent weight gain. Obviously within reason, probably wouldn't help much if you eat the entire cake!

LOVE ALA

Posted by Reviewer1775857 on Oct 10, 2013

With the cost of the new health programs that we are being required to have I can't afford to be sick. I have heard awesome results from this product and so far all is good under the hood. Thanks

lipoic

Posted by 5656495959031724366 on Oct 09, 2013

good

Now Foods Alpha Lipoic Acid

Posted by OlgaVS on Aug 09, 2013

Started taking it together with Now Foods DMAE with my regular Labrada Nutrition EFA Lean Gold and after a while realized my tight jeans were not that tight anymore! :) And I definitely eat/need less food during the day, and don’t feel tired by the end of the day, neither physically nor mentally. I like the result, will continue taking these three together. THX Now Foods & IHerb! Добавила Now Foods Alpha Lipoic Acid и Now Foods DMAE к моим регулярным омега кислотам Labrada Nutrition EFA Lean Gold и спустя какое-то время заметила, что тесные джинсы уже не такие тесные:) , и есть стала меньше в течение дня, и к концу дня не чувствую усталости. Результат понравился, продолжу принимать эти три препарата вместе.

good, also lose weight

Posted by 4725960665748199772 on Aug 07, 2013

i took this 1-2 times a day, and my weight is about 42-43.5kg (ht. 155 cm) also help skin lightening with taking vit c 2000mg together.