Now Foods, American Ginseng, 500 mg, 100 Capsules

Reviews 5-star

Powerhouse Ginseng

Posted by Reviewer2556893 From Arizona on May 28, 2011

I've been taking American Ginseng for weak adrenals for many years. It helped some, but lately I was feeling really exhausted, low blood sugar, etc. Until my brother ordered the Now Foods brand for me. I didn't know they made an American Ginseng. But right away it felt much more powerful than the other I'd been taking. My energy levels improved greatly.I switched back to the other for awhile, and went downhill again, very severely. So I quickly ordered the Now brand again, and the same thing happened - I came back to life. Now that sounds like a controlled experiment to me! But I don't think I'll experiment anymore. I'm sticking with what works. I take 6 caps a day, if you're wondering.

Helps me regulate my blood sugar

Posted by Reviewer2159603 From Florida on Apr 24, 2010

I have a mild case of ADD, which causes my blood sugar to be irregular. I have hypoglycemia. Since I don't have time for a substantial breakfast, I take two ginseng tablets in the AM and I don't seem to have the mood swings / highs and lows that I used to throughout the day caused by blood sugar imbalances.

Good Stuff

Posted by Reviewer1161377 From North Carolina on Nov 04, 2009

This helps keep my energy up and offsets some of the sexual side effects of my anti-depressant medication. This an excellent product at a great price.

Now Foods, American Ginseng, 500 mg

Posted by alvinlky From Singapore on Jun 30, 2013

Excellent Quality product at an economical price.

Adrenal tonic - a calming ginseng, unlike the Siberian & Chinese ones

Posted by vitality on Apr 17, 2012

Very good for adrenal glands and as a general tonic. Doesn't stimulate but rather strengthens. Ideal if you're too sensitive to handle other ginsengs, as it won't affect sleep or cause the jittery/overstimulated feeling that Siberian or Chinese ginsengs can cause.