Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Now Foods, Apple Fiber, 12 oz (340 g)

Great Source of Fiber!

Posted by BeckySue on Sep 09, 2013

Great product to help you get your fiber! Actually apple fiber is an excellent source of dietary fiber, including 25% soluble and 75% insoluble. PLEASE click the light green Yes tab by the question "Was this review helpful?"

Lowering cholesterol five stars

Posted by Reviewer1045880 on Jan 31, 2011

I found this product excellent for lowering my cholesterol as well as control my appetite. the taste is good and I mix it with orange juice. At times I drink it after a heavy meal and if I sucumbed to butter I am quick to prepare the apple fiber to remove most of the butter's effect on my blood stream. So, I am pleased. Very pleased. Thank you for producing an honest product. Sincerely, Liz

Intolerable

Posted by Reviewer3343479 on Feb 04, 2010

This stuff sounded good, but I found that it gave me intolerable digestive upset. I eat a lot of fiber-rich foods, and nothing has affected me like this.

great stuff

Posted by Reviewer1377782 on Sep 07, 2013

I mix this with 1/3 water and 2/3 milk. It tastes a little like a liquid apple pie without the sweetness. I take it because a few years ago, I had my gall bladder removed and when this happens, instead of the bile being stored in the gall bladder,to be released when you eat something, the bile drip, drip, drips into the intestines all the time, so the intestines produce more water, to compensate, I suppose, resulting in diarrhea, or very loose stools, AND SORE INTESTINES. Apple fibre absorbs excess water so normalising the stool. IT WORKS! If you are constipated it bulks up the stool, thus normalising the stool. Take it with plenty of fluid though, as the fibre can swell up and cause a blockage. i.e. don't take it by spoon and just a little water. There are little tiny hard pieces in it,the insoluble fibre, but they are no problem. When I have too much acid, or a tummy bug, I mix a teaspoon of clay and/or charcoal to the mix and drink it down. PUT IT IN A JUICE MIXER AND GIVE IT A SHAKE AND THERE IS NO PROBLEM WITH MIXING IT.!!!

Apple Fiber with Apple Pectin

Posted by Reviewer2163368 on Sep 16, 2010

I have problems with my digestive tract. This helps better than other over the counter medicines. It soothes the intestines. Thanks