Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Now Foods, Ashwagandha, 450 mg, 90 Veggie Caps

Good Quality Adaptogen

Posted by Reviewer1681979 on Dec 07, 2011

I use ashwaganda to deal with the stresses of everyday life and while it does not bring a strong calming sense of relaxation, over time it does restore a certain balance. I also was diagnosed with asthma several years ago and find this product is helpful with breathing difficulties. Ashwaganda has other uses too and is a product I use most regularly.

Bought for T4 & T3 stimulation.

Posted by 5366478102630299389 on Sep 17, 2012

My thyroid was damaged when I was in my teens. Although my synthroid readings are normal, my basal temperature is low and I have symptoms of hypothyroid. I was looking to raise my T4 after getting results from a recent thyroid panel, as when it's slightly lower than optimum, I get boils. The day I received this product in the mail, I woke with a small boil. Usually in three days I'm struggling with taking care of it myself so that I don't have to go to the doctor for antibiotics. I've learned the herbal equivalent to taking an antibiotic, but didn't want to start on any when I was starting a new herb. By the third day, the boil had not grown and by the 6th day it was gone. Thus, it tells me this product is working on my T4. However, I have gained a couple of pounds (when I started ashwagandha, I stopped taking straight kelp tablets, as I have kelp in the Solaray - Thyroid Blend Sp-26 combination and I didn't want to risk hyperthyroid symptoms...). Since I read here some people get sleepy when starting this product, I waited until the next day to take 1 Vcap, after sleeping 6 hours (in case I got a boost of energy), since I was not working that day. Result: I got some extra needed sleep during the day. Since then, I've been taking 1 vcap Ashwagandha with my usual magnesium/calcium, inositol and passion flower (stopped vervain) before going to bed. I'm now getting 7 hours of sleep nightly, instead of 6 hours (or less). I've also noticed less depression since taking this product. Some days I'm not experiencing depression at all. I was also dealing with anxiety attacks regularly after multiple stresses at work the last two weeks of July (I might get 1 anxiety attack a year before these multiple attacks). It resulted in a fibromyalgia flare followed by chronic fatigue. Eating protein every two hours brought me out of the chronic fatigue, but I was still struggling with the energy draining anxiety attacks (over the simplest things - snowball affect - and w

Didn't do much

Posted by Reviewer1618376 on Mar 01, 2012

I didn't feel any negative effects from Ashwagandha, but I didn't notice any positive ones either. However, a friend of mine also tried it and it helped her with anxiety so for some people it does work.

I'm sleeping more deeply now

Posted by Reviewer1557740 on Feb 05, 2010

I am taking these as they are recommended for adrenal fatigue. I only have mild adrenal fatigue, but I figured that sleeping better wouldn't be a bad thing. I have been sleeping more deeply and soundly since taking these. It also seems to help me get to sleep more quickly. Will continue to order these.

Great product!

Posted by owlsrwise on Apr 05, 2010

I have hypothyroid and take ashwagandha. It really helps. Even though it has been only a couple weeks, I feel a difference.