recommended for HSP

Posted by Reviewer2839136 on Sep 14, 2012

I'm so glad I found Ashwagandha. I've been taking this for the last 2 years and, however cliche this might sound, it changed my life. I feel way more capable to handle life, feel more balanced, less stressed and less trouble sleeping. Tried the adaptogens Schisandra, Holy Basil and Rhodiola as well, but Ashwagandha works best for me. A whole capsule at once is too much for me though, so I take half in the morning before breakfast and the other half before I go to bed.

Good Quality Adaptogen

Posted by Reviewer1681979 on Dec 07, 2011

I use ashwaganda to deal with the stresses of everyday life and while it does not bring a strong calming sense of relaxation, over time it does restore a certain balance. I also was diagnosed with asthma several years ago and find this product is helpful with breathing difficulties. Ashwaganda has other uses too and is a product I use most regularly.

Keeping calm

Posted by Reviewer1022912 on Feb 14, 2010

My doctor suggested I take Ashwagandha as I was experiencing a lot of workplace stress. I have to say that I have been very pleased with them as they seem to keep the stress at a manageable level.

Helps me to sleep better but makes me angry

Posted by ALoren on Oct 20, 2012

This helps me to sleep better, but I notice that after a few days it makes me get angry more easily. This must be because it can increase the level of thyroid hormones. It may work well for others, but its not for me.

Didn't do much

Posted by Reviewer1618376 on Mar 01, 2012

I didn't feel any negative effects from Ashwagandha, but I didn't notice any positive ones either. However, a friend of mine also tried it and it helped her with anxiety so for some people it does work.

Stress Adaptogen

Posted by Reviewer2251109 on Aug 10, 2009

Outstanding stress adaptogen for someone who is prone to anxiety and getting overwhelmed easily. Try it.

Night time version of ginseng

Posted by Reviewer1052383 on May 03, 2009

Similar to ginseng but doesn't keep you awake at night. Effects are most noticable after a few days of steady use.

Ashwagandha Helps relieve Depression and Stress

Posted by KiMaLi on Apr 16, 2013

Description •Ayurvedic Adaptogen •Standardized Extract •Helps Body Adapt to Stress •Immune System Support •GMP Quality Assured •A Dietary Supplement •Vegetarian Formula Ashwagandha (withania somnifera) is an herb that is extensively used in Ayurveda, the traditional health care system in India. Ashwagandha is used as a general tonic and “adaptogen”, helping the body adapt to stress. In addition, Ashwagandha has been shown to possess significant antioxidant activity as well as an ability to support a healthy immune system. I have used this product to help relieve my cases of mild depression and stress. The only reason I quit using it is because one of the side effects is weight gain and who needs that! The product itself was helpful however and did meet the claims of helping to relieve stress. If you found this review useful please click the yes button. If you purchase 40.00 of products you will receive free shipping.

Now Foods, Ashwagandha, 450 mg, 90 Vcaps

Posted by Reviewer2329814 on Nov 09, 2008

My doctor told me to take this, that it would help my immune system and would help me to take the daily stresses of life better. I don't get sick when I take this.

severe heartburn...