Now Foods, Ashwagandha, 450 mg, 90 Vcaps

Posted by Reviewer2329814 on Nov 09, 2008

My doctor told me to take this, that it would help my immune system and would help me to take the daily stresses of life better. I don't get sick when I take this.

severe heartburn...

Posted by HruChn on Oct 16, 2008

severe heartburn...

Good

Posted by Reviewer1036153 on Nov 07, 2011

I have a stressful period and problems with concentration at job, I feel this formula helps. Using for 2 weeks and there are good results.

Love this product

Posted by 5356004297793188926 on Apr 22, 2016

Combined with Rhodiola this is wonderful for mood - keeps me calm. Highly recommend.

Ashwagandha Follow-up

Posted by Reviewer1166754 on Jan 25, 2012

This seem to have a somewhat calming effect that is very subtle.

Good stuff for easing anxiety

Posted by nmbenzo on Feb 24, 2012

This is my first experience with ashwagandha usage. I have been taking the NOW brand for about three months and I can say with confidence that I feel less stressed throughout the day and that I am sleeping better. The effect is very subtle (1 capsules x 3 times a day). I actually get an increase in energy with out the jolt of a cup of espresso, and also a sense of calmness. Currently, I work with young kids, and I've noticed I don't get as stressed out with them as I did previously. Again, it's not going to be like taking a xanex, but it does have an effect.

For Some, Very Effective

Posted by HawaiianViking on Dec 21, 2012

I bought Now Foods, Ashwagandha to help with the symptoms of adrenal fatigue. After several weeks of taking the supplement, I didn't feel any differently; I wasn't any more refreshed or rested but I also wasn't feeling unwell. So as far as my experience is concerned, I have to conclude that it did very little. However, I tried Ashwagandha because I have friends that have ordered the exact same product from iHerb, and they have had great success in treating diverse conditions. For that reason, I give it four stars and, as always, I think that Now Foods represents a good value for quality and quantity.

Helps with stress

Posted by Reviewer2798647 on Jul 25, 2012

Definitely noticed a calming effect and increased ability to cope with stress.

Very good product

Posted by Reviewer1777584 on Dec 20, 2011

Have taken this for two weeks, don!t get as stressed have given to to my husband also, he feels much better. My skin is much clearer and I feel more refreshed

Bought for T4 & T3 stimulation.

Posted by 5366478102630299389 on Sep 17, 2012

My thyroid was damaged when I was in my teens. Although my synthroid readings are normal, my basal temperature is low and I have symptoms of hypothyroid. I was looking to raise my T4 after getting results from a recent thyroid panel, as when it's slightly lower than optimum, I get boils. The day I received this product in the mail, I woke with a small boil. Usually in three days I'm struggling with taking care of it myself so that I don't have to go to the doctor for antibiotics. I've learned the herbal equivalent to taking an antibiotic, but didn't want to start on any when I was starting a new herb. By the third day, the boil had not grown and by the 6th day it was gone. Thus, it tells me this product is working on my T4. However, I have gained a couple of pounds (when I started ashwagandha, I stopped taking straight kelp tablets, as I have kelp in the Solaray - Thyroid Blend Sp-26 combination and I didn't want to risk hyperthyroid symptoms...). Since I read here some people get sleepy when starting this product, I waited until the next day to take 1 Vcap, after sleeping 6 hours (in case I got a boost of energy), since I was not working that day. Result: I got some extra needed sleep during the day. Since then, I've been taking 1 vcap Ashwagandha with my usual magnesium/calcium, inositol and passion flower (stopped vervain) before going to bed. I'm now getting 7 hours of sleep nightly, instead of 6 hours (or less). I've also noticed less depression since taking this product. Some days I'm not experiencing depression at all. I was also dealing with anxiety attacks regularly after multiple stresses at work the last two weeks of July (I might get 1 anxiety attack a year before these multiple attacks). It resulted in a fibromyalgia flare followed by chronic fatigue. Eating protein every two hours brought me out of the chronic fatigue, but I was still struggling with the energy draining anxiety attacks (over the simplest things - snowball affect - and w