Works

Posted by Rusalka on Oct 21, 2012

This works as an adaptogen, and I did sense some relief and bounced back from stressful events a little easier.

Helps me to sleep better but makes me angry

Posted by ALoren on Oct 20, 2012

This helps me to sleep better, but I notice that after a few days it makes me get angry more easily. This must be because it can increase the level of thyroid hormones. It may work well for others, but its not for me.

Bought for T4 & T3 stimulation.

Posted by 5366478102630299389 on Sep 17, 2012

My thyroid was damaged when I was in my teens. Although my synthroid readings are normal, my basal temperature is low and I have symptoms of hypothyroid. I was looking to raise my T4 after getting results from a recent thyroid panel, as when it's slightly lower than optimum, I get boils. The day I received this product in the mail, I woke with a small boil. Usually in three days I'm struggling with taking care of it myself so that I don't have to go to the doctor for antibiotics. I've learned the herbal equivalent to taking an antibiotic, but didn't want to start on any when I was starting a new herb. By the third day, the boil had not grown and by the 6th day it was gone. Thus, it tells me this product is working on my T4. However, I have gained a couple of pounds (when I started ashwagandha, I stopped taking straight kelp tablets, as I have kelp in the Solaray - Thyroid Blend Sp-26 combination and I didn't want to risk hyperthyroid symptoms...). Since I read here some people get sleepy when starting this product, I waited until the next day to take 1 Vcap, after sleeping 6 hours (in case I got a boost of energy), since I was not working that day. Result: I got some extra needed sleep during the day. Since then, I've been taking 1 vcap Ashwagandha with my usual magnesium/calcium, inositol and passion flower (stopped vervain) before going to bed. I'm now getting 7 hours of sleep nightly, instead of 6 hours (or less). I've also noticed less depression since taking this product. Some days I'm not experiencing depression at all. I was also dealing with anxiety attacks regularly after multiple stresses at work the last two weeks of July (I might get 1 anxiety attack a year before these multiple attacks). It resulted in a fibromyalgia flare followed by chronic fatigue. Eating protein every two hours brought me out of the chronic fatigue, but I was still struggling with the energy draining anxiety attacks (over the simplest things - snowball affect - and w

useful chill pill

Posted by Reviewer1327608 on Sep 15, 2012

stuff is useful for taking the edge off stressful days. one capsule does the trick. two capsules makes me a little sluggish. and three capsules makes me feel like a zombie (not good). can't say i've noticed any of those touted aphrodisiac qualities from ashwagandha, though. it's just a good cheap chill pill. (one interesting side effect i've noticed is that i'm able to remember tunes more clearly and vividly when i'm taking ashwagandha.) the now capsules are a good buy, more bang for your buck. i've tried the liquid extract, but it didn't do jack. update sept. 2012: after a while, the ashwagandha started having cholinergic effects. instead of feeling slightly drowsy, it made me feel slightly "up", as if i had taken a gram of CDP choline. interesting how the body changes its reactions to herbs/meds/foods after a prolonged period.

recommended for HSP

Posted by Reviewer2839136 on Sep 14, 2012

I'm so glad I found Ashwagandha. I've been taking this for the last 2 years and, however cliche this might sound, it changed my life. I feel way more capable to handle life, feel more balanced, less stressed and less trouble sleeping. Tried the adaptogens Schisandra, Holy Basil and Rhodiola as well, but Ashwagandha works best for me. A whole capsule at once is too much for me though, so I take half in the morning before breakfast and the other half before I go to bed.

delivery on time

Posted by 5547557011061581820 on Aug 16, 2012

Excellent effect

excellent

Posted by Reviewer2463326 on Aug 03, 2012

Just like rhodiola except does not keep you awake. Great change from rhodiola which I believe you should do every few wreaks

Helps with stress

Posted by Reviewer2798647 on Jul 25, 2012

Definitely noticed a calming effect and increased ability to cope with stress.

Too potent extract - warning

Posted by eleuthero on Jul 16, 2012

Be careful with this one. It is standardized to 4,5% withanolides per capsule which is equal to ~10 grams of the whole herb - already over the common recommended daily dosage. It can have tranquilizing and hypnotic effect with two capsules. After quitting long-term (couple of months) use of this in recommended doses I had withdrawal symptoms similar to quitting benzodiazepines. It is a powerful herb especially when extracted so strongly. Use only when really needed (stressful times, occasional sleep aid) and not for too long periods continuously. I find half or even 1/3 of a capsule effective. It seems that consuming food/carbohydrates bring out the effects faster. I gave 1 star just to make my warning more noticeable. This is still quality supplement but has to be used with caution.

alert..

Posted by Reviewer3205016 on Jul 16, 2012

Had a heightened effect - will work with this herb once in a while