New To iHerb?

Now Foods, Beef Gelatin Powder, 4 lbs (1814 g)

5 out of 5 based on 2 reviews

good for nails, sleep and may be joints

Posted by Reviewer1893145 on Dec 01, 2013

I have began taking 1-3 tbs daily of this powder, after I read Ray Peat's article about the gelatin benefits. My nails no longer split, and I sleep better... It is best mixed with coffee for me, with water one should drink it quickly after mixing, otherwise the resulting gel will be not so easy to drink. Adding to a salad, does not spoil the taste... Good product.

Good for DIETING and SKIN (and many other things)

Posted by danarm on Aug 29, 2014

Adding collagen to a protein shake will make it thicker and make it absorb slower. This is why it's good for dieting: it keeps you full longer. Aging people need at least 10 g of collagen per day to replace what is lost. I take 50 g per day, 5 days a week, in the protein shake I drink at work. People can not believe how good my skin looks for my age. Another excellent supplement which makes your skin glow is Acetyl-Glutathione. It's a form of glutathione which can be absorbed into cells.