Now Foods, Solutions, Bentonite Clay Powder, 1 lb (454 g)

Highly recommend for external use

Posted by Reviewer2993675 on Apr 22, 2009

Bentonite clay is well known for its healing properties. This product is an excellent bentonite clay. The clay mixes well and makes a nice paste for external applications. Also, the loose, powdered form is the most economical buying choice. Essential information for those who are new to using bentonite clay: This particular product is sodium bentonite which is a "swelling" type clay. Although some people ingest sodium bentonite clay, sodium bentonite is primarily recommended for external use only. If you're interested in a bentonite clay for internal use, this is not your product. Look for calcium bentonite.

Bentonite for bowels

Posted by Reviewer2784713 on Jun 02, 2010

I must have tried a million things to rid myself from this self diagnosed IBS, btw, when a doctor doesn't now the cause of bowel disorder they simply call it "IBS" Bloating, diarrhea, gas, and total discomfort, all at the same time. I tried everything under the sun and over the counter, because doctors do the same thing till they get lucky. Nothing worked until I got the Bentonite and please keep in mind that this has been going on since 2000. Your results may very but for me I will be drinking my mud for the rest of my life. The product offered bt IHerb.com seems to be very clean and pure, and really it's not that bad to drink, just let stand for an hour and stir well, good luck.. SK 06.02.2010

One of the most effective and powerful detoxifying and healing clays.

Posted by Caerulea on May 12, 2014

Bentonite clay is truly a unique product. Bentonite, also known as montmorillonite, is one of the most effective and powerful detoxifying and healing clays known to man. What makes it unique is its high content of trace minerals and ability to absorb and remove toxins, heavy metals, impurities, and chemicals. When it's mixed with water, it rapidly swells like a porous sponge and produces a strong negative electrical charge capable of bonding to the positive charge of many toxins. So, when it comes in contact with a toxin, chemical, or heavy metal, this clay will draw it into the sponge using electrical attraction, so that it becomes bound, and thus remove it completely. Another unique thing about bentonite clay is that it transports oxygen to cells and removes excess hydrogen, allowing the cells to replace it with oxygen instead. It's composed of aged volcanic ash and comes in two varieties – sodium montmorillonite and calcium montmorillonite. This product is sodium bentonite, which is great, because sodium bentonite has a higher negative charge and, as a result, is extremely effective in drawing out toxins and impurities from under the skin. This bentonite clay is also pure, natural, free of any additives or preservatives, and great for all skin types, especially oily, combination, and acne-prone skin. It detoxifies the skin, exfoliates dead skin cells, draws out excess dirt and oil, removes impurities and debris from under the skin without stripping the skin's protective layer, unclogs and tightens pores decreasing their size, regulates sebum production, tones, firms, invigorates, and revitalizes the skin helping restore its elasticity, reduces redness and inflammation, improves the complexion, evens out the skin tone, supports and strengthens the skin's defensive mechanisms, improves cellular circulation, stimulates cell renewal and collagen production, fights and prevents acne, spots, blemishes, and infections, facilitates the healing of small wounds, sores, burns, cuts, insect bites, stings, abscesses, boils, blisters, and even reduces stretch marks and scars and helps prevent premature aging. This bentonite clay is also a powerful antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, antibiotic, antibacterial, antimicrobial, antiviral, and antifungal agent keeping infection and inflammation at bay. It can be used as a detoxifying scalp mask, as well. It regulates sebum production, removes excess oil, dirt, product buildup without stripping the scalp's protective layer, fights infections, protects the scalp at the cellular level, strengthens the root bulbs and follicle connection, stimulates keratin production and hair growth. In addition to being used as a face or scalp mask, skin poultice, detox bath, mud pack, it can also be used internally to detoxify and remineralize the body, due to its high content of trace minerals, such as silica, calcium, magnesium, sodium, iron, and pota ssium. Bentonite clay flushes toxins out of the body, aids digestion, prevents heartburn and acid reflux, relieves nausea and bloating, soothes the stomach lining, reduces colon inflammation, improves liver and kidney function, balances the intestinal flora, helps maintain healthy bones and joints and remineralize teeth, soothes and heals sore gums and canker sores. I've been mixing this product with water and using it on my face, body, and scalp, and I'm impressed by the results: my complexion has improved, my acne has cleared up, my skin tone has evened out, my acne has noticeably cleared up, almost all the redness and inflammation is gone, some of my pigmentation spots and stretch marks have faded, my scalp is much healthier and no longer dry, flaky, and itchy. Amazing product. Would definitely recommend it.

Recipe for magma (easy form to take):

Posted by Reviewer1308583 on Mar 07, 2011

I was taking the premixed version ($$$) and switched to this. Hated it, until I learned how to mix it right: put 2 cups water in a blender. put it one tablespoon bentonite powder at a time and blend (max) briefly, keep adding-I used about 5 tblspns. it comes out like pudding, and tastes fine -not gritty, not clumpy. I can store it in a jar in the fridge like this and spoon it out as I want it. apparently, this is the 'active' form that many sites/group rave about. and it's much cheaper this way. I'm using it as a cleanse, mineral supplement, and its great for soothing/restoring when I've eaten something that I react to. good product. now products are a good value. and iHerb rocks!

INSTANT relief from acid reflux

Posted by Reviewer1114813 on Sep 24, 2009

I started suffering from acid reflux a few months ago and have tried many natural remedies. None lasted for more than a few hours, or they took at least 1/2 an hour to kick in, or if I skipped them for a day it would take at least a day for them to start working again. I was coughing constantly, and all day my esophagus would burn as if I'd just thrown up, and sometimes I'd wake up in the middle of the night with a mouthful of bile. I've been using bentonite for the last few days and it's been a miracle cure. Literally works instantly, quicker than baking soda, and without the burps!!! The first dose helped for over 12 hours; since the 2nd & 3rd doses I've been pain-free for 18-30 hours. What I do is mix a few teaspoons of bentonite in 4-6 oz of water (in an 8oz jar). SOAK OVERNIGHT...this way you won't choke or get constipated. Then I take 2 teaspoons of the resulting "gel", once a day--usually between meals. I take my medication & vitamins with meals, and I've read that bentonite can absorb these, so it may be best to take it 1-2 hours after/before other nutrients/meds.