New To iHerb?

Now Foods, Solutions, Bentonite Clay Powder, 1 lb (454 g)

Highly recommend for external use

Posted by Reviewer2993675 on Apr 22, 2009

Bentonite clay is well known for its healing properties. This product is an excellent bentonite clay. The clay mixes well and makes a nice paste for external applications. Also, the loose, powdered form is the most economical buying choice. Essential information for those who are new to using bentonite clay: This particular product is sodium bentonite which is a "swelling" type clay. Although some people ingest sodium bentonite clay, sodium bentonite is primarily recommended for external use only. If you're interested in a bentonite clay for internal use, this is not your product. Look for calcium bentonite.

Bentonite for bowels

Posted by Reviewer2784713 on Jun 02, 2010

I must have tried a million things to rid myself from this self diagnosed IBS, btw, when a doctor doesn't now the cause of bowel disorder they simply call it "IBS" Bloating, diarrhea, gas, and total discomfort, all at the same time. I tried everything under the sun and over the counter, because doctors do the same thing till they get lucky. Nothing worked until I got the Bentonite and please keep in mind that this has been going on since 2000. Your results may very but for me I will be drinking my mud for the rest of my life. The product offered bt IHerb.com seems to be very clean and pure, and really it's not that bad to drink, just let stand for an hour and stir well, good luck.. SK 06.02.2010

Recipe for magma (easy form to take):

Posted by Reviewer1308583 on Mar 07, 2011

I was taking the premixed version ($$$) and switched to this. Hated it, until I learned how to mix it right: put 2 cups water in a blender. put it one tablespoon bentonite powder at a time and blend (max) briefly, keep adding-I used about 5 tblspns. it comes out like pudding, and tastes fine -not gritty, not clumpy. I can store it in a jar in the fridge like this and spoon it out as I want it. apparently, this is the 'active' form that many sites/group rave about. and it's much cheaper this way. I'm using it as a cleanse, mineral supplement, and its great for soothing/restoring when I've eaten something that I react to. good product. now products are a good value. and iHerb rocks!

INSTANT relief from acid reflux

Posted by Reviewer1114813 on Sep 24, 2009

I started suffering from acid reflux a few months ago and have tried many natural remedies. None lasted for more than a few hours, or they took at least 1/2 an hour to kick in, or if I skipped them for a day it would take at least a day for them to start working again. I was coughing constantly, and all day my esophagus would burn as if I'd just thrown up, and sometimes I'd wake up in the middle of the night with a mouthful of bile. I've been using bentonite for the last few days and it's been a miracle cure. Literally works instantly, quicker than baking soda, and without the burps!!! The first dose helped for over 12 hours; since the 2nd & 3rd doses I've been pain-free for 18-30 hours. What I do is mix a few teaspoons of bentonite in 4-6 oz of water (in an 8oz jar). SOAK OVERNIGHT...this way you won't choke or get constipated. Then I take 2 teaspoons of the resulting "gel", once a day--usually between meals. I take my medication & vitamins with meals, and I've read that bentonite can absorb these, so it may be best to take it 1-2 hours after/before other nutrients/meds.

Relief of organ pain and leg pain

Posted by Reviewer1571676 on Mar 12, 2010

It's the only thing that soothes the liver pain following toxic exposures. I use overnight poultices, directly on my liver area. I apply it to Napa cabbage leaves for this and for easy application to areas of legs that ache due to varicose veins. (You can keep poultices in place with ace bandages, or cut off the feet of old panty hose wearing them to hold the poultices in place overnight.) One night can bring relief, but 2-3 nights in a row is better. (Then several times a week maintenance.) For liver pain related to chemical sensitivities or toxic exposures, I use day and night. Read "Our Earth, Our Cure" for info on using clay internally and externally.