Very Good for the tummy

Posted by Reviewer1095769 on Jan 05, 2013

This really works. Realiable brand and really aids digestion.

Good product!

Posted by Reviewer2416342 on Jan 27, 2013

Helps immensely with digestion.

Betaine HCl

Posted by Reviewer1908266 on Feb 04, 2013

These capsules are helping me digest my protein foods. I'm using 3 capsules with 4 oz chicken. Although the item description says each capsule is 575 mg, what I received is 648 mg, same as what I found in a health food store.

Betaine HCI by Now Foods

Posted by sweden on Apr 12, 2013

Now products all seem to be good quality, and this one is no different. If you have problems with indigestion, or with food that's supposed to stay in your stomach coming back up on you, and apple cider vinegar hasn't helped, give this a go. If you'd like to try the apple cider vinegar, I'd recommend Bragg's Organic Apple Cider Vinegar with the mother; It might help your tummy, and it's good for you, too. And it's available here on iherb.

...

Posted by Reviewer2918682 on Dec 04, 2012

great

Betaine HCl

Posted by Reviewer1623885 on Oct 16, 2012

I had to take a lot of these in order for me to get relief. I just wish that they didn't have magnesium stearate in them as I feel as this blocks the effectiveness.

It does its job

Posted by Reviewer1020792 on Jul 29, 2013

Very strong due to the potency. It was to strong for me, gave me diarrhea.

Betaine HCL

Posted by Reviewer2345336 on Aug 06, 2013

Good value for money. Do they do the trick? I guess so. Doctors advice, so I take them. I actually have to take 5 with each meal and still no burning. I have to increase them to actually see how many I need, before I feel a warming sensation in my guts/chest.

Now Foods Betaine HCl

Posted by Reviewer1373824 on Apr 22, 2013

I really think these are helping with digestive discomfort and digestion-related allergy reactions. Apparently, there can be a connection with low stomach acid and problems related to SIBO.I read somewhere to take betaine HCl at the end of a meal, rather than before it.

Tried HCl again after many years, and it works

Posted by Umbridge on May 12, 2013

I am very skeptical of digestive enzymes, and of a lot of the crap on the internet about complementary therapies. However, I have IBS and recently had SIBO (which thankfully was cleared up by antibiotics), so I thought I would give this a try to make sure the SIBO doesn't come back and keep my IBS symptoms at bay (along with a low FODMAP diet). I have to say that this supplement works really well for me. I am now taking it in combination with peppermint + oregano oil, but I took it by itself first, and I would say this is the more effective of the two. I don't find that the other digestive enzymes work all that well - rather, I am better off controlling my diet - but these really seem to take some of the burden off for those of us with sluggish digestion. I tried HCl about 10 years ago with no success, so I am not sure if it's this brand that is better, changing circumstances, or the addition of Betaine that makes these work. Whatever it is, I have purchased again, and plan to use them while I recover from the digestive woes of several months of travel!