recommended - one of the better HCl caps out there

Posted by IHeartIHerb on Jun 30, 2013

i can't be 100% sure what's going on down there in my stomach and whether or not my low HCl has been resolved... however i will say that i do notice a difference when i take these with meat/high protein meals (i use the digestive enzymes for high carb meals). there does seem to be something happening (versus the food 'just sitting there' in my stomach when i don't take these). i think i had/have really low HCl because i've taken up to 10 of these per meal (steak dinner or very high protein meal) with zero burning sensation. i'm a fan of Now products in general. they definitely are superior to a lot of other brands out there in terms of fewer additives and fillers. however i'm not a fan of the v-caps -- or "cellulose" -- you're essentially ingesting plastic! and i wish they would stop putting so much magnesium stearate in their pills.

Now Foods, Betaine HCl

Posted by Reviewer1297459 on Dec 31, 2012

With increasing age my stomach acid levels have reduced and this was causing me a lot of pain & discomfort after eating. Now I have found a cheap but effective supplement to ease this.

Helps

Posted by 5727552804325860133 on Oct 02, 2013

Definitely helps with my digestion. I'm finding that I need less of it now. Not sure why, but that's a good thing. I started about a year ago taking 2 or 3 capsules - if you feel a little burn like reflux it is too much. Now I just need one.

Works Well

Posted by cure-dryeyes on May 19, 2014

Like others I suffered for years with heartburn indigestion and general digestive programs. A lot of sore stomachs as a kid. While probiotics and a better diet have been really helpful as well, I think this supplement with each meal ( especially large protein meals) has been excellent. I did the challenge test and sure enough, I seem to need extra HCI for digestion. This could be a red herring but in the Eat Right For Your Blood Type book, one of the characteristics of my rare blood type is low stomach acid.

Great value

Posted by 5124945946326800079 on Sep 22, 2014

My GP told me to use this prior to high protein meals. So far the effects haven't been evident, but I don't blame the product, more likely it's my condition.

Does what it claims to do!

Posted by 4926391147636899317 on May 02, 2016

This was really helpful to eliminate my bloating after heavy meals

Some improvment

Posted by 4987724563173504873 on Jan 23, 2016

Good

Very good Product

Posted by Reviewer1461109 on Aug 07, 2011

Now Betaine seems to be working very well, and this is a great price. Much lower in price than comparable products at my local vitamin store. I have reordered. Great shipping prices at iHerb, too.

i think it is working

Posted by Reviewer2890051 on Aug 19, 2011

i would give it 5 star, but i am not sure. The thing is that i started to take this product at the same time with Healthy Origins probiotic 30bln CFU. I bought them for managing systematic Candida and i do see obvious results, i can eat more different varieties of food and i don`t get yeast infections afterwards like i used to. (if i eat much of yeast foods or natural sweeteners or gluten, then i get a mild reactions afterwards, but not a severe reactions like it used to be). So i feel much better and not that desperate anymore, thank God. I have a hope now that it is possible to manage Candida. I have been having Candida for about 2 years, and was almost ready to give up on myself. I believe it is a God sent product for people like me to help battle this disease. I take 3 capsules a day( 1 before each meal. I suggest you buy this in combination with Healthy origins probiotic 30 bln CFU and see which one helps more. Take care

Now Betaine HCL

Posted by Reviewer2780393 on Aug 26, 2011

This product has been great. Really helped with my digestion problems! Just make sure to only take it with meals that have a lot of protein if using to help with stomach/digestion problems. Otherwise you don't need to take them.