Tried HCl again after many years, and it works

Posted by Umbridge on May 12, 2013

I am very skeptical of digestive enzymes, and of a lot of the crap on the internet about complementary therapies. However, I have IBS and recently had SIBO (which thankfully was cleared up by antibiotics), so I thought I would give this a try to make sure the SIBO doesn't come back and keep my IBS symptoms at bay (along with a low FODMAP diet). I have to say that this supplement works really well for me. I am now taking it in combination with peppermint + oregano oil, but I took it by itself first, and I would say this is the more effective of the two. I don't find that the other digestive enzymes work all that well - rather, I am better off controlling my diet - but these really seem to take some of the burden off for those of us with sluggish digestion. I tried HCl about 10 years ago with no success, so I am not sure if it's this brand that is better, changing circumstances, or the addition of Betaine that makes these work. Whatever it is, I have purchased again, and plan to use them while I recover from the digestive woes of several months of travel!

Now Foods Betaine HCl

Posted by Reviewer1373824 on Apr 22, 2013

I really think these are helping with digestive discomfort and digestion-related allergy reactions. Apparently, there can be a connection with low stomach acid and problems related to SIBO.I read somewhere to take betaine HCl at the end of a meal, rather than before it.

Now Foods, Betaine HCl

Posted by Reviewer1297459 on Dec 31, 2012

With increasing age my stomach acid levels have reduced and this was causing me a lot of pain & discomfort after eating. Now I have found a cheap but effective supplement to ease this.

Betaine HCl

Posted by Reviewer1623885 on Oct 16, 2012

I had to take a lot of these in order for me to get relief. I just wish that they didn't have magnesium stearate in them as I feel as this blocks the effectiveness.

Good product

Posted by Reviewer3320551 on Jun 29, 2012

Didn't do much for me but the actual product is high quality. I needed digestive enzymes instead of HCl

Good Betaine HCl supplement

Posted by Reviewer3272925 on Oct 30, 2011

I am using this as a cheaper alternative to Poliquin's Ultra HCl.

helps with indigestion

Posted by Reviewer2025115 on Sep 30, 2011

At first, this product made miracles with my intestines problems (swelling, flatulence, pain) but only as long as I was strict on my low-carb diet. When I made exceptions to my diet, problems reappeared. I think that I'll need to take some enzymes and probiotics too. What is amazing with this product, is that finally I'm absorbing magnesium! I didn't know I wasn't absorbing it. I began spraying magnesium oil to my skin -- as I heard that it absorbs better externally -- and as a result, my headaches have disappeared and sleeping is getting better. This is a great improvement to my life-quality! Note that this product is only beneficial after a meal with protein. My dosage depends on how much protein I have in my meal, 1-4 capsules. I take it AFTER the meal.

Now Betaine HCL

Posted by Reviewer2780393 on Aug 26, 2011

This product has been great. Really helped with my digestion problems! Just make sure to only take it with meals that have a lot of protein if using to help with stomach/digestion problems. Otherwise you don't need to take them.

i think it is working

Posted by Reviewer2890051 on Aug 19, 2011

i would give it 5 star, but i am not sure. The thing is that i started to take this product at the same time with Healthy Origins probiotic 30bln CFU. I bought them for managing systematic Candida and i do see obvious results, i can eat more different varieties of food and i don`t get yeast infections afterwards like i used to. (if i eat much of yeast foods or natural sweeteners or gluten, then i get a mild reactions afterwards, but not a severe reactions like it used to be). So i feel much better and not that desperate anymore, thank God. I have a hope now that it is possible to manage Candida. I have been having Candida for about 2 years, and was almost ready to give up on myself. I believe it is a God sent product for people like me to help battle this disease. I take 3 capsules a day( 1 before each meal. I suggest you buy this in combination with Healthy origins probiotic 30 bln CFU and see which one helps more. Take care

Very good Product

Posted by Reviewer1461109 on Aug 07, 2011

Now Betaine seems to be working very well, and this is a great price. Much lower in price than comparable products at my local vitamin store. I have reordered. Great shipping prices at iHerb, too.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »