Helps with digestion and gallstones

Posted by HealthyWest on Nov 25, 2012

This improves the absorption and digestion of all other supplements. Has also assisted with gallstones.

No more nexxium

Posted by Reviewer1438365 on Jun 12, 2008

Do the research. 95% of the people using Prilosec/Nexxium, Aciphex, etc. don't need to. See Jordan Rubin's slim volume "The Great Physician's RX for Heartburn and Acid Reflux.

Good digestive aid

Posted by Reviewer1056250 on Sep 23, 2009

Helps me a lot. Before you try it be sure yours is a low stomach acid (HCL) situation. And beware--I have been told that the symptoms of low stomach acid and excess stomach acid are much the same. Do the research.

DanaB

Posted by Reviewer2862251 on Mar 18, 2008

This product has been a Godsend! Honestly. I have dealt with acid reflux since childhood. i have taken Aciphex, Nexium, Tums. This product has allowed my voice to return, the lump in my throat to disappear and I have energy again.I take one Betaine HCI at every meal. I also open the capsule and mix with milk for my 4-year-old son who also suffers from reflux. Combined with NOW's Super Enzymes you can't go wrong!

Now Foods, Betaine HCL

Posted by Reviewer2076860 on May 04, 2008

Can tell the effectiveness of this one. Most people do not realize the importance of HCL with a meal for absorbtion of nutrients.

Works great

Posted by Reviewer1609615 on Aug 21, 2008

I haven't used any other HCI products for comparison, but I know this one works great. After discovering that I have low stomach acid, I began taking this product. I take two with every meal. I can eat larger meals again, and now I am putting back on weight that I lost from poor digestion.

Seem to be working

Posted by Reviewer1145722 on Dec 22, 2007

I can feel a difference when I take these, and when I don't. Therefore, I think they are a good quality product.

Another great NOW product

Posted by Reviewer2819736 on Oct 10, 2007

I have low stomach acid so I have to take betaine HCL at each meal. This can get very costly with other brands. NOW's product does a great job and is reasonably priced. Iherb's price is the cheapest I've found.

best product ever

Posted by Reviewer1410859 on Dec 17, 2008

I no long need any of the many dr. prescribed medications. I digest my food well and my body seems to be absorbing other vitamins better.

Pepsin Source

Posted by Reviewer2580814 on May 29, 2008

I take it for the pepsin, which is important for digestion. Pepsin levels may become lower with aging. Digestion is crucial, so this may well help others, too.