Watch out

Posted by Reviewer2744640 on Aug 24, 2012

I have Acid Reflux and this made it worse. Thought I be able to get away from my prescription, but not with this. Some say it works for them, so I would say try it....you never know.

Seniors need Betaine HCl

Posted by Reviewer3104381 on Aug 12, 2009

I have been taking the same amount for over 10 years. The aging body makes too little HCl. For elderly folk like me, what feels like acid indigestion is usually alkaline indigestion. About 1300 gms [2 caps] right after dinner keeps my digestion good. If i forget and stuff comes up in my throat, I dump the powder in warm water and wash the food particles back into my stomach. You know it's working when the HCl reacts with alkaline in your belly and a nice big burp comes up.

Only one I use

Posted by Reviewer1323197 on Dec 08, 2007

Been using this product since I was told to buy it 6 years ago. I have tried others but this works very well for my body and I trust them.

Had to abstain....

Posted by Reviewer1572086 on Dec 11, 2007

I have pretty bad colon problems, it doesn't take much to irritate the lining and put me in bed for a week. I had read that its really good as yu get older to use digestive enzymes, however when I've used them over the period of a week I would get real dizzy from an inflamed colon so had to stop. If you have these kinds of problems its best to avoid betaine as it can cause intestinal bleeding, I only found that out after I bought this stuff, so have not tried it. I'm sure this will be very useful for people who have a healthier digestive system than I do.

Not impress

Posted by Reviewer3237124 on Aug 30, 2008

I prefer to use L-Histidine to raise the levels of HCL

Good Supplement and Price

Posted by Reviewer3109250 on Jul 29, 2008

This works well and costs less than some other brands.

Very helpful

Posted by 4645287025550164430 on Jul 11, 2013

My stomach is a lot lighter if I take this before a meal. I have acid reflux problems and I think this helps somewhat. Make sure you drink at least 2 dl of warm water with it, it seems to work better this way. Take just before eating.

Good for digestion

Posted by Reviewer3273803 on Dec 02, 2009

I take 1 cap before meal.It does help to reduce gas from stomach.

For Acid reflux

Posted by vic-Japan on May 05, 2012

This stuff works! I purchased 2 of these but only really needed one as I was cured of my acid reflux problems after just a few capsules. I might only take a capsule now and again if I know I am over indulging in spicy foods and beer. -- just in case.

Now foods, HCI

Posted by Reviewer2993334 on Jul 03, 2010

My digestion has improved a lot since i started using this product