Tastes more like coconut than french vanilla

Posted by Reviewer1702918 on Aug 11, 2013

I bought this product to use I my morning coffee. My favorite liquid stevia sweetener is SweetDrops Vanilla Crème, and you can buy that product from iherb.com. It costs about twice as much as this Now product, but it's worth it. This "Now Better Stevia" product has a coconut extract flavor to it - that just ruins my coffee (I love coconut, just not in my coffee - so if you like this flavor in your coffee or other beverages, you will be fine with this product. I did think the product was pretty concentrated and is definitely a good value for the money. I'm just spoiled with my SweetDrops. This being said... I have not tried this product in a smoothie - and I think it could be extremely good for that purpose. In fact, I may try that this afternoon as that would be a good use of the coconut flavor... Best wishes!

Now Foods Stevia

Posted by Reviewer2830640 on Oct 25, 2010

Disappointed in this product,dislike smell,taste & consistancy. Next time will purchase Sweetleaf Stevia instead.

Odd taste

Posted by 5198540519890239920 on Aug 22, 2013

I could not found the taste of vanilla. I would say it tastes more like coconut. I really do not like it!

lid does close well, dispenser runs

Posted by Reviewer2492424 on Dec 13, 2011

The lid doesn't close tightly and the dispenser doesn't drip but just lets the stevia run out in a this stream. It couldn't get much worse than this.

Gastrointestinal discomfort

Posted by Reviewer2659353 on Feb 08, 2015

Caused gastrointestinal discomfort. Hard to say if its specific to this flavor, the whole line, or any stevia product.

Weird taste

Posted by 5251605124606101012 on Sep 09, 2015

too bitter. i had to trow it away.

Tastes like coconut not vanilla

Posted by 5433567841386597144 on Jan 24, 2016

I do not mind the texture but i was very disapointed by the taste because it has nothing to do with vanilla. Unless you're looking for a coconut sweetener I wouldnt recommand it.

Tastes like a chemical

Posted by 5117539553721007318 on May 19, 2016

I didn't like this product. I will be giving it to my sister in law who loves the caramel one. It tasted like chemicals although I did have it in a coffee. Id rather not taste the strong artificial taste. THey need to dumb it down and bring out the vanilla more

Unusable

Posted by 5432964281261472604 on May 25, 2016

I tried this brand of stevia in both vanilla and English toffee. English toffee faired slightly better but still artificial tasting and unpleasant aftertaste, I threw out the vanilla as it was not to my taste. I wouldn't even say it was a vanilla taste, just very artificial and cloying. Disappointing!

horrible taste and smell!

Posted by 5262725123024938236 on Jul 13, 2013

Artificial smell and taste! Will not buy it anymore.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »