Sorry, but I didn't like it

Posted by Reviewer2981025 on Jul 15, 2010

Box on internet claims "NO AFTERTASTE" and the boxes I received says "NON BITTER". On internet it claims that it "mixes well in hot and cold beverages"...it doesn't say that on the boxes I received. I find that this does have a very strong aftertaste and does NOT mix well in cold drinks. I will be sending the whole shipment back. Will try another brand.

Not as good as they say it is....

Posted by Reviewer2923547 on Apr 25, 2007

I went ahead and tried this product because I wanted to get away from using sugar and I didn't like any other sweetners that are out there. I was disappointed to find that this DID have an after taste even when it says on the box that it does not. It is very bitter in fact it changed the whole taste of my coffee. It just didn't taste like coffee. I think I'll just stick with using raw sugar. Thanks anyway :-)

A Sweetener

Posted by 5162573003624369309 on Jun 03, 2015

I started using Stevia after I received a box from a workmate. It might be all in my head, but I don't think all Stevia are created equal. I am not enjoying this brand as much as the other brand I've received. This batch is a bit sickly sweet. I don't know how to explain it. Also, it doesn't dissolve well. Therefore, as I'm drinking I can taste the sweet little grains on my tongue and I cringe a bit. I put about 15 -20 packets in my homemade Lemon Gingerade and that's nice. I try not to use it in an individual serving. If I have to I only use half a packet.

DON'T BUY "Better Stevia" from Now Foods

Posted by 5312925290615932854 on Jan 24, 2013

Dear Sir, re: iherb.com, order 11538881-0 I bought 12 packets of Better Stevia under the above order (Now-06957) on 25 Nov 2012. The LOT # 1465279 20:33 BEST BY 04/15 (is printed on the back of the orange color boxes) The products arrived in Singapore safely after three days. However, all the individual .35 oz packets contains HARDEN UP stevia "powder". They are like chewing gums. I have to soak each individual packet in hot water for hours to allow the harden stevia powder to melt into the hot water. What I got was a blue stevia solution. The blue color was caused by the blue ink bleaching out of the packet exterior cover printing. I am now worried if I am consuming lead or other chemicals used in the ink. What I am most unhappy is that my emails to iherb.com and Now Foods has fallen into deaf ears. Verdict: Better Stevia, Lot #1465279 20:33 BEST BY 04/15 obviously has manufacturing problems. However, the manufacturer, Now Herbs don't care. Seller iherb.com don't bother either. I feel cheated. I suggest that nobody should buy "Better Stevia" Now Foods brand. Don't get cheated. I still have many un-opened boxes. I can send to anyone who is interested. I am now looking at other brands. Any suggestion. regards, david chua davidchua63@gmail.com

Should be called BITTER Stevia

Posted by 5124832303772255919 on Oct 23, 2012

Had to throw out my cup of coffee. I will not buy any Now Healthy Foods Stevia product ever again. This was one of two that I got to try. Disgusting...

not so safe an alternative due to additive

Posted by Reviewer1609322 on May 02, 2011

this is not pure and has additives. should be pure 100% stevia then i would buy it again.

Yuck

Posted by Reviewer1075813 on Aug 31, 2010

I realy wanted to like this stuff, but I think it's really bitter with a nasty aftertaste. Went back to raw turbinado sugar...

Not So Good

Posted by Reviewer2982701 on Apr 27, 2010

It takes 3 packets of Now Foods Stevia extract to sweeten. When I'm finished with these I think I'll go back to KAL brand.

Convenient package!

Posted by Reviewer29875314 on Jun 26, 2012

I purchased it for my friend, who has Type I diabetes. She said she loves this produvt, as it is very user friendly, packed in small portions, you can take them while travelling. Easy to use and price is dreamingly reasonable as she said as we have Stevia very expensive in our country, so we are lucky to find things at IHerbs.

Tastes AWFUL!

Posted by Reviewer2297908 on Jun 08, 2010

I thought it would really taste like sugar but it tastes nothing like sugar. I cannot envision a situation where I would ever want to put it into my coffee again, but never say never. Maybe they should provide people with samples of stevia, so that people will know what it tastes like and make a more informed decision about whether to buy the whole box. Because now I am stuck with the whole box and cannot get rid of it.