Great product

Posted by Reviewer1919116 on Feb 20, 2012

I bought this product since I recently started cooking for my pets and this brand is mentioned by Dr. Pitcairn in his book "Natural Health for Cats and Dogs". iherb offers a lot of great products and supplements if you're cooking for your pets. I live in Canada but it didn't take long at all to get in the mail. Thanks to iherb for offering such a great product!

Add to dogs food

Posted by Reviewer2314791 on Jan 31, 2012

I make home made dog food. This bone meal formula was recommended by Dr Pitcairn, DVM. My puppy is growing fast and hopefully this will support bone growth and strength.

Use this as supplement for my dog's diet

Posted by Reviewer1544429 on Oct 21, 2011

I have been buying this Now Bone Meal at the health food store I use locally. Can't find it there anymore so I was glad to find it online. Chose iherb.com because they had other things I use so I could combine more thngs in one order to justify shipping charges.

Best price

Posted by Reviewer2915069 on Sep 30, 2011

Very Pleased

Bone Meal Powder

Posted by Reviewer2869993 on Sep 15, 2011

I don't know too much about the bioavailability of calcium from bone meal compared to calcium from other sources, so I can't rate it based on that. But it mixes well in stuff like yogurt and it's tasteless (as far as I can tell) so I like using it as an alternative to calcium tablets with all their fillers.

Good product

Posted by Reviewer3258588 on Aug 31, 2011

I bought this product because I wanted something that would have a lower amount of toxins (would like to see the hard fact comparisons though) and this product had that reputation. I bought it to give to my two ferrets who are on an obligate carnivores diet -meat! It's hard to feed them bones without the total worry of fragments hurting them. so far so good but this product is also a supplement that works perfectly like it should. working up the courage to try it myself before my next order as my regular consumption will considerably whittle away what I have on hand. Thanks for offering this product, it is so hard to find anywhere! hope to rate this higher after i try it myself but for the reason I bought it -it is truly 5 star. the stools are solid and i know my ferrets are getting what they need. I'd just like to see the stats on the metal contamination tests for this product.

would buy again

Posted by Reviewer1602677 on Jul 21, 2011

this came highly recommended to give add to my dogs home cooked diet.

Bone meal - Mixes well

Posted by ManxKat on Jul 17, 2011

This mixes well in green drinks for extra minerals - recommend!

Used in Dr Pitcairn's Healthy Powder recipe for cats

Posted by Reviewer1687524 on Jun 30, 2011

I wanted to try a recipe I found on the Internet for Dr. Pitcairn's "Healthy Powder" nutrient supplement for cats (on a raw food diet). The recipe is made up in bulk and used a few teaspoons at a time in a cat's food: 2 cups of nutritional yeast, 1 cup of lecithin granules, ¼ cup kelp powder, ¼ bonemeal and 1000 mg vitamin C: mix and keep refrigerated. I found all these along with other supplements I wanted to use, namely Vit A and E and taurine, all offered by iHerb. I'm using the powder with canned food mainly b/c there's no time to make the raw food. It's not possible to reach any conclusions on health benefits after only a few weeks but I think I'm seeing increased energy/vitality. * * * On learning more from Dr. Pitcairn, apparently bone meal derived from the United States is undesirable due to the toxic load that animals in first world nations carry. I'm not sure I see a way around this - maybe there's unpolluted bone meal available, I'll have to look for that, but with regard to this product, I am now concerned because of its provenance. This doesn't mean I won't be buying this product again, because I will unless and until I can find a better or learn more about this issue. Meanwhile I note how they are running tests on the level of heavy metals in their product, a good starting point, and would be interested in knowing their standards more precisely.

Dog & Cat food

Posted by Reviewer2234850 on Jun 13, 2011

This product is used for my homemade dog and cat foods in conjunction with my chicken's eggshells. It is regularly tested for heavy metals. Great product!