Great multi-purpose Calcium Supplement!

Posted by Reviewer2534084 on Mar 03, 2010

I have done a lot of research on Calcium, and half the supplements out there aren't readily absorbed and useable by our body. This supplement, made with Hydroxyapatite, is of the same structure of teeth and bones (a mineral of Calcium and Phosphorus) and is almost entirely bio-available. My daughter, whose teeth erupted with Enamel Hypoplasia (due to my calcium deficiency as I was nursing) and had small caries- has seen almost complete remineralization and HEALING since I started taking the supplement and used it on her teeth. As these are easily opened capsules I would sprinkle a little on her toothbrush and brush her teeth with this and a good anti-bacterial fluoride-free toothpaste (I like Weleda Calendula Toothpaste) I feel great! I also take this with Extra Virgin Organic Coconut oil and Caprylic Acid as these facilitate Calcium and Magnesium absorption.

A Brilliant Formula!

Posted by Reviewer2014933 on Feb 21, 2008

I have fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis and bone spurs in my neck, ruptured discs, and degenerative disc disease from the top of my spine to the bottom. I'm also menopausal, so I need calcium. I've tried a lot of high-quality calcium supplements and formulas. All of them gave me tight muscles and made my pain so bad that I couldn't take them. For years now I've only been able to take Magnesium Malate for my bones and pain. UNTIL I tried Bone Strength! With this supplement, my pain has actually improved about 80%. This is a brilliant formula! Wish I could give it 10 stars.

Now foods, Bone Strength....

Posted by Reviewer3232819 on Aug 30, 2008

Not too long ago I ordered Now Foods, Bone strength and Myrhha oil whith is good for gums and the immune system. My back tooth was hurting bad so I went to the dentist and he wanted to pull it as there wasn't much bone left anyway. I said no, came home ordered those two products and hoped for the best. Now three weeks later it doesn't hurt anymore and I'm praying that it's possible for the tooth bone to grow back. The dentist did give me a perscription for anti biotic which obviously got rid of the infection. Now it's wait and see before I go back to the dentist to get another x ray. So far everything seems normal. I am 72 years old. Virginia

Excellent multimineral formula

Posted by Reviewer1889787 on Nov 28, 2008

Good multimineral with MCHA (microcrystalline hydroxyapatite) forms of minerals, a well-absorbed type bound with phosphorus and similar to the type of calcium found in bones. Bone Strength is the same formula as Doctor's Trust Bone Builder with Boron. Since it contains some glucosamine, it is an excellent mineral supplement for those with arthritis and other painful joint conditions.. Now Bone Strength and Now Full Spectrum Mineral Caps are my favorite multivitamins. Bone Strength contains an approx 3:2 ratio of calcium to magnesium while Full Spectrum Mineral Caps contains a 1:1 ratio, but does not contain glucosamine. Either one is excellent.

Awesome

Posted by Reviewer2431352 on Aug 08, 2011

I'm a 46yr old menopausal female with Rheumatoid Arthritis. I was very active in martial arts, rollerblading, hiking until a fatal knee injury changed my life. The pain was so bad I could hardly move at times. With a healthy diet, exercise, and the appropriate mineral and vitamins, I'm well on my way to recovery. This product works better than straight up calcium to alleviate my pain and my joints are way more flexible. I was told I would never ride a bike, squate again. I do both and, thanks to this product, I can actually get my knee into full Yoga pose now. I've been taking this product for three weeks - I can't wait to see what my results are three months from now!!

Highly recommended

Posted by Reviewer1684086 on Aug 01, 2011

I would never take any other form of calcium, as this one is highly absorbable. I have used this form of mycrocrystalline calcium for over 10 years, during which time I went through menopause and take a daily inhaled steroid for asthmas, both of which are triggers for osteoporosis. But a bone density scan revealed that my bone density actually improved during this period.

This product is amazing

Posted by Reviewer1230815 on Aug 23, 2013

I am a 38 y/o woman who was born with severe scoliosis, I had to wear a back brace until I stopped growing (age 16), spine did straighten up, but after years of not doing any sort of chiropractic or anytime of treatment, I was back into really bad shape (32). I discoved chiropractic and I am happy to report that the results I have had, although slow in progress have been much more sucessful then surgery. I started taking this supplemt of my chiropractor after an episode of problems in my lower back, near my hips, the worst place of my curve where my discs are almost touching. Thru studying past xrays, and an MRI, we noticed the beginings of arthritis and degeneration had slowly gotten worse. I started Bone Strenghth for a couple of reasons: 1st, to help prevent or slow down further degeneration, I don't eat lots of dairy and I am female, so calcium is important. 2nd, to ease some of the day to day pain. The magnesium in here makes a differnce. Since taking this, my hair is growing out of control and for the 1st time in my life, my nails keep growing and they are no longer brittle. I don't even take the full dose, but I am sure it is helping. I don't take any sort of prescription pain meds or anything like that and I probably never will. I just eat good, excerise and take care of myself and this product has helped my spine get stronger. I have far less pain in my hips then I did before starting this product, and my curve down there hasn't gotten any straighter. Scoliosis if left untreated can lead to all sorts of health problems and early arthritis is just one of them. This does work if you give it a shot and are consistant with it.

Great ingredients...

Posted by Reviewer1975446 on Mar 06, 2009

Used to buy Planetary Herbals Calcium & Magnesium but I liked the ingredients in this better. Plus I love so many products from Now Foods, so i figured I couldn't go wrong. Seems to work fine. Helps with period cramps--try this instead of pain relievers.

Works well...

Posted by Reviewer2814986 on Sep 24, 2009

This is one of the only bone health supplements that I have used that really made a quick very noticeable difference in my finger nail health. It made them strong and the splitting and brittleness went away.

Now Foods Bone Strength 240 Capsules

Posted by Reviewer3015740 on May 04, 2011

I've been using this product for 11 years and it has kept my oesteo penia in a stable condition without the use of drugs designed to give bones more density.