Now Foods, Boron, 3 mg, 250 Capsules

Balance hormones and improve cognitive performance - worth every cent

Posted by Read-More-Reviews--Here on Dec 02, 2013

I think the advertising of boron as a mineral for menopause or 'trace' mineral is misleading and likely puts many people off. Boron is fantastic for dispersing other minerals such as calcium, manganese, magnesium and copper from places they shouldn't be (e.g. joints, hair follicles, etc). Boron also helps lower high phosphorus, which then helps other minerals remain in the body. I've read that average diets in parts of Europe contain as much as thirty five mg of boron per day (vs a meagre one mg elsewhere, e.g. USA). Regarding hair loss - not long after starting this I found I had NEW hair growing back in and fibrocystic breasts were reduced - nothing else had worked. I began with nine mg and saw quick results. Since then, the results have been consistent. It also gets rid of brain fog - I feel more alert/awake since I started taking it and notice it when I don't. Boron is something I'll continue to take consistently. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Jon Carlson

Posted by Reviewer2632489 From Illinois on May 21, 2008

Improves the memory and is a precurser for testrosterone and important for bone structure.

Boron and rheumatoid arthritis

Posted by Reviewer1335199 From Australia on Mar 02, 2012

I have now been taking three 3mg capsules of Now Foods boron daily for approximately 4 years. I had extremely severe rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and after taking the boron for 3 months the RA had disappeared completly, and has never returned. It is my understanding that boron only works for curing RA if it is manufactured from Calcium Borogluconate and Now Foods appears to be the only company manufacturing boron this way.

Perimenopause, menopause

Posted by Reviewer1055106 From Sweden on Nov 15, 2010

Studies have shown that boron increases estradiol in menopausal women. Before I started taking boron I had incontinence and other symptoms of too low estrogens despite being too young really to enter menopause. Boron is needed to activate vitamin D and vitamin D is needed for aromatase which is an enzyme needed for the conversion of testosterone to estradiol. This conversion can be problematic for women with PCOS like me. My too low estradiol levels have gone up, my blood test proves it. Boron increases the hormones to the level your body naturally needs. Boron is better than dangerous HRT.

An insurance policy

Posted by Reviewer1990759 From Washington on May 31, 2009

Boron is needed to prevent calcium loss from bones. This is my inexpensive insurance. Often in short supply in cultivated foods.