Balance hormones and improve cognitive performance - worth every cent

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Dec 02, 2013

I think the advertising of boron as a mineral for menopause or 'trace' mineral is misleading and likely puts many people off. Boron is fantastic for dispersing other minerals such as calcium, manganese, magnesium and copper from places they shouldn't be (e.g. joints, hair follicles, etc). Boron also helps lower high phosphorus, which then helps other minerals remain in the body. I've read that average diets in parts of Europe contain as much as thirty five mg of boron per day (vs a meagre one mg elsewhere, e.g. USA). Regarding hair loss - not long after starting this I found I had NEW hair growing back in and fibrocystic breasts were reduced - nothing else had worked. I began with nine mg and saw quick results. Since then, the results have been consistent. It also gets rid of brain fog - I feel more alert/awake since I started taking it and notice it when I don't. Boron is something I'll continue to take consistently. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Boron and rheumatoid arthritis

Posted by Reviewer1335199 on Mar 02, 2012

I have now been taking three 3mg capsules of Now Foods boron daily for approximately 4 years. I had extremely severe rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and after taking the boron for 3 months the RA had disappeared completly, and has never returned. It is my understanding that boron only works for curing RA if it is manufactured from Calcium Borogluconate and Now Foods appears to be the only company manufacturing boron this way.

Perimenopause, menopause

Posted by Reviewer1055106 on Nov 15, 2010

Studies have shown that boron increases estradiol in menopausal women. Before I started taking boron I had incontinence and other symptoms of too low estrogens despite being too young really to enter menopause. Boron is needed to activate vitamin D and vitamin D is needed for aromatase which is an enzyme needed for the conversion of testosterone to estradiol. This conversion can be problematic for women with PCOS like me. My too low estradiol levels have gone up, my blood test proves it. Boron increases the hormones to the level your body naturally needs. Boron is better than dangerous HRT.

Jon Carlson

Posted by Reviewer2632489 on May 21, 2008

Improves the memory and is a precurser for testrosterone and important for bone structure.

An insurance policy

Posted by Reviewer1990759 on May 31, 2009

Boron is needed to prevent calcium loss from bones. This is my inexpensive insurance. Often in short supply in cultivated foods.

Boron has stopped night spasms in my leg

Posted by 5093731518656040835 on Sep 09, 2014

I waited 2 months before reviewing boron to see if it worked. My problem was at night my legs or one of my legs, probably the right leg, would keep moving in my sleep and in that movement the big toe of my right foot would scratch and cause bleeding to the outside of my left ankle. After 2 months of taking 2 capsules of Boron with 1capsule of magnesium/calcium it has stopped. It stopped about 3 weeks ago and I have not had one scratch or any bleeding since, all that is left is a few scars; I have even let the nail on the big toe of my right foot grow as another test and no scratching or damage has appeared. My wife also tells me she has not heard my feet sliding back and forth any more. I am going to continue to take Boron with magnesium to ensure the leg movement does not come back and to get some of the other health benefits.

Great price! Can't Beat it! All the stuff I've read suggests this is great for preventing and even treating osteo and rhuymatoid arthritis.

Posted by 5334723888520109150 on May 28, 2015

After reading 2 double blind placebo controlled trials for using Boron on people with osteo arthritis I'm sold on this as a health supplement. Science suggests places with an average boron intake (naturally from the food) have very little arthritis. The studies also mentioned that the synovial fluid in arthritic patients had low boron and also that people with higher boron intake had stronger bones. From what I've read on the Australian guy who used boron to treat both osteo and rhemetoid arthritis he found 9mg for 1-3months was usually good to sort out pain and symptoms. Then he recommended 3mg a day just as a maintenance dose. The two clinical trials I read used 6mg. I think these are likely safe amounts considering the studies quotes around less than 1mg to over 40mg per day as average intake for boron in different parts of the world.

Seems to help!

Posted by Reviewer1386519 on Jun 02, 2008

I read alot about joint pain and Boron was recommended I take 2 per day and along with Glucosamine and MSM really has helped me.

Testosterone

Posted by Reviewer1724866 on Feb 02, 2012

I am 57 and can tell my Testosterone has dropped off a good bit. I had read that boron helps to increase it. Really seems like it is doing good. Also suppose to help assimilate magnesiun and Calcium.

Boron for Arthritis

Posted by 4631145796465247787 on Sep 27, 2015

I had swollen, stiff and painful finger joints. I took Boron tablets for 6 weeks and noticed a major change in my condition. The swelling had reduced along with the stiffness and pain. I have now been taking Boron for over 3 months and I have recovered most of the use of my fingers and I am pain free.