Improves overall health

Posted by ShaktiSophia on Aug 16, 2012

Helps prevent toxic buildup in the body by contributing to breaking down encrusted waste material throughout the digestive system especially in the large intestine, thus allowing probiotic supplements to be more effective. It also helps to break down proteins during the digestion process, for less debris buildup, better nutrient absorption and better blood quality. I also use it before a long flight to prevent swelling of the legs.

Bromelain

Posted by Reviewer1038057 on Mar 08, 2008

The best ant inflamitory there is. Great for allgeries and colds.

Now Foods Bromelain 415 mg

Posted by 4860258359949556066 on Apr 24, 2015

I use it for joint pain control ad gout. Since taking it, I don't have anymore pain and more around easily. I am 75 years old and I still ride a bicycle and play pickle ball on a regular basis. So I agree it is a very good product.

Great for post-op swelling

Posted by Reviewer2719405 on May 06, 2008

I started taking this product (500mg 4x daily on an empty stomach) after a tummy tuck and liposuction. It has done wonders for my swelling. I skipped taking it for one day to see what happened.....I won't do that again! iHerb's price is very low compared to other places I shopped.

Tendonitis help

Posted by Reviewer2726059 on Oct 20, 2009

Several years ago my wife (a prolific knitter) suffered with much pain from de Quervain's tenosynovitis (tendon sheath swelling from thumb up through forearm). Doctors suggested long term immobilization of thumb and wrist until the swelling subsided or an operation (slicing open the sheath to allow it to regrow with a larger internal diameter). Upon doing a bit of research we learned that the tendon raises small fibers when overused and these chafe the inner wall of the tendon sheath. So any movement will continually irritate and swell the sheath lining. We found a few studies and some glowing testimonials on the benefits of Bromelain and decided to give it a try. After suffering for over two months with no improvement, my wife started taking Bromelain (1000GDU) twice a day. Within 10 days she began to notice some improvement. After 3 weeks she was almost back to normal. In 5 weeks all pain was gone! Bromelain is a proteolytic enzyme extracted from pineapple and it has been found to soften and help dislodge the raised micro-fibers that cause the pain and swelling of tendonitis. We were both very skeptical at first about Bromelain but it has worked for me as well! I had bad tendon pain in both my wrists about a year ago from constant use of my hands in restoring a house (lots of hand tool use, hammering, etc.). I took 2 2000GDU tablets each day and was pain free in about 2 weeks. Now, whenever we feel the beginnings of tendon pain we take the 2000GDU tablets twice a day and feel relief in just days!

great for pain relief

Posted by Reviewer2175486 on May 27, 2009

I have been using this for years for severe back pain. I have tried several treatments for back pain ,(physical therapy even steroid injections for back pain) nothing helped for very until I started using this product. It really helps relieve back pain. If you are skeptical, try it for a week or two and see what a difference it makes.

A great product for sinusitis

Posted by Reviewer2170557 on Dec 04, 2006

I have struggled with sinusitis for years which is always worse after eating. I have tried nasal decogestants and nose drops with very little success. I started trying 1 capsule of bromelain after a meal and it clears up my nasal passages almost immediately-it works better then anything else I have used

Clear sinuses

Posted by Reviewer1519205 on Oct 16, 2007

Very good for sinus problems and potentiates antibiotics. This is from personal experience.

Bromelain

Posted by Reviewer1900788 on Dec 26, 2008

Bromelain has done wonders for me - I have some bursitius in my right hip and if I take this several times a day, it seems to just disappear. I usually take about 4 a day.

Useful for Inflamation

Posted by 4984163340875233311 on Dec 12, 2015

I have used this for a variety of inflammation-related problems including tendinitis, sinus infection, and mild ulcers. I take it with an empty stomach for most uses, or a light meal for ulcers. In all cases it seems to work very well.