Now Foods, Bromelain, 415 mg, 180 Tablets

Bromelain

Posted by Reviewer1038057 on Mar 08, 2008

The best ant inflamitory there is. Great for allgeries and colds.

Improves overall health

Posted by ShaktiSophia on Aug 16, 2012

Helps prevent toxic buildup in the body by contributing to breaking down encrusted waste material throughout the digestive system especially in the large intestine, thus allowing probiotic supplements to be more effective. It also helps to break down proteins during the digestion process, for less debris buildup, better nutrient absorption and better blood quality. I also use it before a long flight to prevent swelling of the legs.

Great for post-op swelling

Posted by Reviewer2719405 on May 06, 2008

I started taking this product (500mg 4x daily on an empty stomach) after a tummy tuck and liposuction. It has done wonders for my swelling. I skipped taking it for one day to see what happened.....I won't do that again! iHerb's price is very low compared to other places I shopped.

Tendonitis help

Posted by Reviewer2726059 on Oct 20, 2009

Several years ago my wife (a prolific knitter) suffered with much pain from de Quervain's tenosynovitis (tendon sheath swelling from thumb up through forearm). Doctors suggested long term immobilization of thumb and wrist until the swelling subsided or an operation (slicing open the sheath to allow it to regrow with a larger internal diameter). Upon doing a bit of research we learned that the tendon raises small fibers when overused and these chafe the inner wall of the tendon sheath. So any movement will continually irritate and swell the sheath lining. We found a few studies and some glowing testimonials on the benefits of Bromelain and decided to give it a try. After suffering for over two months with no improvement, my wife started taking Bromelain (1000GDU) twice a day. Within 10 days she began to notice some improvement. After 3 weeks she was almost back to normal. In 5 weeks all pain was gone! Bromelain is a proteolytic enzyme extracted from pineapple and it has been found to soften and help dislodge the raised micro-fibers that cause the pain and swelling of tendonitis. We were both very skeptical at first about Bromelain but it has worked for me as well! I had bad tendon pain in both my wrists about a year ago from constant use of my hands in restoring a house (lots of hand tool use, hammering, etc.). I took 2 2000GDU tablets each day and was pain free in about 2 weeks. Now, whenever we feel the beginnings of tendon pain we take the 2000GDU tablets twice a day and feel relief in just days!

great for pain relief

Posted by Reviewer2175486 on May 27, 2009

I have been using this for years for severe back pain. I have tried several treatments for back pain ,(physical therapy even steroid injections for back pain) nothing helped for very until I started using this product. It really helps relieve back pain. If you are skeptical, try it for a week or two and see what a difference it makes.