excellent product

Posted by 5548825682825323713 on Dec 24, 2015

Earlier I used ascorbic acid which was acidic and had caused me intestinal cramps. now this product is really nice and i could even consume large doses without any issue.

Great product!!!

Posted by 4993264536880984329 on Jan 26, 2015

I like Calcium Ascorbate very much. I am using it every night before bedtime and during the day when I feel under weather:-) It's very easy on stomach and it is very powefull for immune system.

non offensive taste

Posted by Reviewer2355564 on Nov 12, 2014

This is the form of Vitamin C that I am able to add to my cats' raw food diet since it is not sour. I have two males, one of which has had Struvite crystals which he had surgery for. I add a pinch of Calcium Ascorbate to their food to help keep their urinary pH down.

Very sour still

Posted by Reviewer2144409 on Jun 11, 2014

It is a great deal but my husband says it is still sour.

Great product

Posted by AReviewer on Mar 27, 2014

I love this buffered C to ward off colds. I always have some in my cabinet so that I can begin taking it if needed!

Your Service

Posted by 4987694820990856519 on Feb 18, 2014

I have been using this product for many years. My daughter included it with her order. Your service is fantastic.

► All is Good BUT This is NOT a Non-GMO Vitamin C Product !

Posted by 3827GreenWood on Nov 29, 2013

This Calcium Ascorbate product offered by Now Foods combines Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) with Calcium Carbonate. Calcium Ascorbate is a form of Vitamin C which is much more readily absorbed in the blood stream than the other forms of calcium. Importantly, Calcium is coupled with Vitamin C to deliver the benefits of both Calcium & Vitamin C. All is good with this Vitamin C product except it is NOT a Non-GMO product. It means, this is a Genetically Modified Organism (GMO) product. If you take a Vitamin C supplement with Ascorbic Acid and you guessed it, you are likely consuming a supplement with GMO origins, unless the corn was certified organic. The main source for Ascorbic Acid or Vitamin C is corn which extensively corrupt material made by Monsanto and others. In fact, 98% of corn crops are GMO tainted. Regarding the taste, with the pH level in the range of 7 to 7.5, it's pH neutral, very gentle to stomach and basically almost tasteless when mixed in water with no sweetener/flavouring ingredient added. This product is suitable for those who are sensitive to strong acidic or have gastric irritation. However, if you are looking for something Non-GMO Vitamin C product, this will not suit you. I am a strong advocate on scientific medical research and evidence-based information, and constantly want to differentiate between marketing hyperbole and real world effects. I hope you'll find my review Helpful to you. Best wishes and good health to everyone!

Great antihistamine

Posted by Reviewer2575097 on Oct 23, 2013

I appear to suffer from a condition called "Histadelia" - too much histamine in the body, which not just makes you way more susceptible to allergies, it also makes you more likely to suffer from anxiety and depression. Whether you believe Histadelia is a real illness or not, I do know that I have way more histamine than usual floating around my body. I sprayed some deodorant on, which always makes me very wheezy. I then took about 1/2 teaspoon of this powder, and within 20 minutes my airways were completely clear. It worked just as well as my Ventolin inhaler that I take for asthma! I have been taking 1/2 teaspoon three times a day for the last week and my mood is starting to get a bit brighter. Vitamin C destroys histamine while calcium is supposed to release it from the cells, so together it is a great natural way to remove histamine from the body, instead of just blocking the symptoms of it, which is all antihistamine tablets do. One thing I have noticed is that about 2 hours after I take it, I get a histamine reaction (feeling itchy in my body) but as far as I know this is a temporary thing as all the histamine is being released out of your cells. I will update in a few weeks/months.

good

Posted by 5128710265660920876 on Sep 18, 2013

the product is of high quality.

Vit C powder love it

Posted by Reviewer1523238 on Aug 27, 2013

I use vit c powder every day and twice a day if I feel even a twinge of sore throat nasal congestion and It was gone the next morning! love it. Tell everyone all the time, not that they listen so they keep catching viruses and colds. I don't and neither do my family. This one is easy on the stromach