homemade diet for dogs

Posted by Reviewer2732749 on Oct 17, 2009

My three dogs have various health issues and I cook for them. They need calcium supplements mixed in their food. This does the job very well.

Great for Home Made Dog Food

Posted by Reviewer1201552 on Dec 04, 2009

This is great for making home made dog food with the proper balance of phosphorous vs. calcium.

Convenience

Posted by Reviewer1941031 on Feb 07, 2010

I find this the most useful format for adding Calcium to my dog's home prepared diet supplement mix.

Simple tried-and-true form of calcium.

Posted by Reviewer2332442 on Jul 20, 2010

It's what is in Tums and similar, but without any flavorings etc. For me its use is as a reputedly absorbable type of calcium, but the antacid property is mild side benefit (counteracting the acidity of decaf coffee that also goes into my protein shake concoctions). My prior choice of pure calcium carbonate powder, Life Extension brand - I have only found these two brands of it - has a bit of grit to it... unwelcome. So this one is a surprise winner.

Works Great, Almost Too Good

Posted by Reviewer1694429 on Apr 06, 2011

I'm allergic or intolerant of citrates. I take a small amount of this stuff before bed and I sleep great. If you don't eat dairy foods, or any of the few other rich sources of calcium, consider this product.

Good for food allergy sufferers

Posted by Reviewer1746561 on Apr 20, 2011

I am vitamin D deficient and allergic a lot of Vitamins. My Dr. wanted me on calcium. I Can't take Calcium Citrate, as I'm allergic citric acid products. This is perfect. No allergic reactions (pimples) and easily taken with water as it is tasteless.

Dual purpose!

Posted by snowfitness1 on Jul 04, 2011

I love this because it gives me my calcium supplementation, but also quells the heartburn. I eat only healthy foods, but I tend to feel heartburn often. I decided to stop using Tums and try this....it is awesome! Plus, it is very cost effective!!

good product

Posted by Reviewer1946601 on Feb 20, 2012

i used this to make toothpaste from wellnessmama. it is a good price and good product.

Great Product

Posted by Reviewer3050708 on May 21, 2010

Great product and value

All positive for a years proven use.

Posted by Reviewer1006280 on Dec 02, 2010

I use powdered calcium carbonate to help control my body's phosphorus levels. I am in kidney failure thus the phosphorus issue. I do not need additional blood calcium. By taking a measured amount of this powdered calcium carbonate with me meals, the calcium binds with the phosphorus in the food. It forms a large molecule that will not be taken into the blood. It is inexpensive, easy to store, easy to measure, and easy to take. Plus, I have noted no negative effects through many years of using this product.