All positive for a years proven use.

Posted by Reviewer1006280 on Dec 02, 2010

I use powdered calcium carbonate to help control my body's phosphorus levels. I am in kidney failure thus the phosphorus issue. I do not need additional blood calcium. By taking a measured amount of this powdered calcium carbonate with me meals, the calcium binds with the phosphorus in the food. It forms a large molecule that will not be taken into the blood. It is inexpensive, easy to store, easy to measure, and easy to take. Plus, I have noted no negative effects through many years of using this product.

Good value

Posted by Reviewer2825224 on May 03, 2010

Good value on this hard to find (in stores) product.

Excellent

Posted by Reviewer2310634 on Aug 03, 2010

I purchased this for my kitty. ... He has a peptic ulcer and was prescribed a PPI to reduce stomach acid while the ulcer heals, but the PPI doesn't work 100% of the time so we needed something additional to neutralize acid. ... We started with TUMS but the additional ingredients were unacceptable -- we couldn't risk that one of them might be harmful to our kitty or might trigger vomiting, which greatly stifles healing. ... We needed pure calcium carbonate. ... We checked every store around and the closest thing we could find was a bottle of calcium tablets that also contained additional ingredients. ... We eventually decided to check the internet and we found this "now" supplement which is perfect. ... It's 100% pure and extremely finely ground, making it very easy to dissolve in liquid or liquidy food, and also allowing for very fast acid neutralization. .... Plus the price is great and shipping from iherb was fast.

Best calcium supplement around

Posted by Reviewer2653023 on Oct 13, 2009

This is the best way I've found to take my daily requirement of calcium. All you do is mix one teaspoon with a small glass of acidic juice. Way more easy to swallow than all those enormous pills! I've also read that calcium carbonate is the best kind you can take and more easily absorbed by your body. Highly reccommend!

Multi-purpose Supplement!

Posted by Reviewer3247496 on Oct 07, 2009

I take this before bed and it puts me to sleep quickly. I usually put it in hot milk instead of juice which they recommend. Also found it makes a great weak bleach for your delicate clothes and longerie. Another superior product from NOW and great pricing from iherb.

Great Product

Posted by Reviewer3050708 on May 21, 2010

Great product and value

Good product

Posted by Reviewer2905880 on Jul 17, 2008

Tasteless and does the job. Keeps fresh for long time in bottle.

Very good

Posted by Reviewer3346279 on Mar 05, 2010

I give this to my 2 Goldens. I tasted it and it is very smooth, not grainy at all. It seems to have the right amount of calcium, and it doesn't have the heavy metals that bone meal might have.

Now Foods Calcium Carbonate powder

Posted by Reviewer2351838 on Aug 27, 2010

Fine powder mixes easily in water, remains suspended in water for several hours before falling to bottom of cup, stirring or shaking will resuspend powder. I am satisfied with product and would buy it again.

Now Ca Carbonat

Posted by Reviewer2388536 on Oct 28, 2007

I am using this product as in ingredient in my home prepared, raw cat food. Kitties are eating so all is well!