constipation

Posted by Reviewer2177198 on Sep 30, 2013

This form of calcium can cause constipation.

/Now-Foods-Calcium-Carbonate-100-Pure-Powder-12-oz-340-g/480

Posted by Reviewer2944926 on Aug 29, 2013

o.k.

Inexpensive ingredient for improving flavor and nutrition of foods / beverages

Posted by Reviewer3168863 on Jul 11, 2013

It has a neutralizing effect on coffee's chlorogenic acid. So I use approx 1/32 tsp per 10 fl oz serving of black coffee in order to remove some of the acidic sharpness. It can also help to complex the phytic acid (an anti-nutrient) present in whole grain hot cereals, such as oatmeal. That helps to prevent the grains' minerals from being rendered unabsorbable.

Now Foods, Calcium Carbonate, 100% Pure Powder, 12 oz (340 g)

Posted by Reviewer2485668 on Oct 28, 2012

The worst form of calcium

Very good product

Posted by Reviewer1055349 on Oct 17, 2012

Great supplement, about 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon with a little water after meal is very effective as an aid to digestion. A pinch added to the coffee liner helps cut down on acidity. Excellent value.

Infantile febrile convulsions

Posted by Reviewer2047688 on Sep 22, 2012

My son is almost 10 months old, and has suffered twice with fever-related 'infantile febrile convulsions'. The doctors at the Children's Emergency department said they are 'common' and don't cause any harm - I just have to wait till he's 3 or 4 and hopefully he'll outgrow them. They said in the meantime he will probably be susceptible to fever-seizures each time he gets sick with a fever - that's a pretty terrifying prospect for a parent of a young baby. Long story short, as a terrified mum (convulsions are a horrible thing to have to watch), I googled one night, and found a comment from another mum about powdered calcium stopping her children's convulsions, so I jumped on iHerb and ordered this product (which I couldn't find in Australia). And then I waited.... About three weeks ago the product arrived. My son's fever spiked yesterday afternoon, and I automatically reached for the panadol. It did NOTHING for his fever. It climbed to 39.2 degrees. He was lethargic and glassy eyed. I tried cool face washers, stripping him off to a nappy, cool bath - nothing worked. I was waiting for the seizure to hit, and had the phone ready to call the ambulance. Then it hit me that I had the calcium carbonate in the cupboard. I mixed some up and gave it to him, and NO WORD OF A LIE, his fever went from 39.2 to 36.9 in less than 60 seconds. He went from burning up and glassy-eyed, to cool, happy, smiling, in less than a minute. I thought maybe it was a conincidence, due to the timing of also giving him panadol. But his fever spiked again at 11.30pm, and instead of going for the panadol, I reached for the calcium carbonate first this time. Again - instantly (less than a minute) his fever went from 39.4 degress down to 37 degrees, and his constitution went from miserable, glassy-eyed and (from what I know of past experience) bordering on seizure, to completely normal, happy child. He was back in his cot asleep within half an hour, whereas in the past we have had to a

Does the job.

Posted by 4814572250851210391 on Sep 14, 2012

I use this in my re-mineralizing toothpaste, and it works just as it should. Only complaint is that the mouth of the bottle is too small for my tablespoon to fit...makes measuring less accurate.

Very Important.

Posted by Reviewer1080081 on Sep 02, 2012

Saves You from Getting Cavities in Your Teeth, While You Are Off All Milk and Dairy Products Because You Are Detoxifying from MERCURY of Dental Amalgams. This one is a Very Good Product, because it has Just the Calcium and nothing else in it, and it is Very Easy to Take.

Great value and great price!

Posted by 5581507954215199392 on Jul 24, 2012

Now foods -- great products at affordable prices!

Can't take this

Posted by funkydharma on Jul 20, 2012

Cause me terrible constipation and also acidic stomache.