July Special - Free International Shipping for orders over $40.00!

Now Foods, Calcium Citrate, 100% Pure Powder, 8 oz (227 g)

Reviews 1-star

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »

terrible

Posted by Reviewer1868258 on Sep 15, 2010

This one does not work for me. I have been trying several different calcium supplements out there, because my stomach is very sensitive to almost any kind of calcium. This one is the worst! As soon as I took it my stomach was on fire, it gave me severe acid reflux and I could not even vomit it to have some relieve. It might work for you though!

Supplementing calcium is a terrible idea

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Mar 09, 2014

Good for - calcification, depleting other essential nutrients and causing difficult to resolve gut pH issues. If you find benefit from supplementing calcium, strongly suggest looking into why that might be. I can't think of one good reason to do so that can't be resolved another less detrimental way - I can think of many reasons not to. If it's a citrate thing - try citric acid or magnesium citrate. If it's for oxalates - try manganese or magnesium or vit K1. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Something Not Right With This

Posted by Reviewer3304349 on Apr 21, 2009

I've used many different brands of calcium citrate. I've enjoyed other Now brand products so I gave this calcium citrate powder a try. Unfortunately I had to discontinue use after 2 days. I was taking 200mg 3x per day (weighed on scale and poured in empty vcaps). WIthin 24 hours I noticed something was not right. For several hours after each dose I was extremely thirsty. I dont think I've ever been that thirsty in my life. By the second day, I started to feel a soreness in my left kidney (I never had any pain or sensation there before). That was enough for me, I discontinued this product and my symptoms disappeared. I cannot recommend this product to anyone.

Not for me

Posted by Reviewer2747135 on Nov 12, 2009

gave me a stomach ache

calcium citrate

Posted by Reviewer1722846 on Nov 09, 2008

it was not what i expected or wanted. I am now using effervescent calcium gluconate which is fantastic.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »