calcium citrate powder

Posted by Reviewer2819736 on Oct 10, 2008

I like this because it doesn't have any other ingredients in it. I don't necessarily like using a powder form of Calcium but I prefer it to tablets and the caplets all had some other ingredient that I'm allergic to.

terrible

Posted by Reviewer1868258 on Sep 15, 2010

This one does not work for me. I have been trying several different calcium supplements out there, because my stomach is very sensitive to almost any kind of calcium. This one is the worst! As soon as I took it my stomach was on fire, it gave me severe acid reflux and I could not even vomit it to have some relieve. It might work for you though!

Now Foods product bottle caps

Posted by Reviewer1705489 on Dec 22, 2008

I am not satisfied with the caps on these Now products containers. The caps often have sharp edges and sometimes they are very tight so that I often have to use a spoon to get them opened. Some caps are much tighter than others (typical of mass produced articles). I will not buy any more of them. SwansonVitamins have simple traditional screw cap bottles that work extremely well and are very easy to open and close. As a temporary measure I am pouring the contents of the Now bottles into the Swanson containers. I don't doubt the quality of the Now container contents.

Marylo

Posted by Reviewer1649244 on Jan 27, 2009

Large amount of calcium in a small amount. Good to put in smoothies. A little chalky and gritty though.

Works in smoothies

Posted by Reviewer1259171 on Dec 19, 2007

I have a hiatial hernia and can't swallow pills, so I am very grateful for the powders NOW provides. Since I can't know the reliability of the different companies, I trust iHerb not to sell me anything of low quality.

Supplementing calcium is a terrible idea

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Mar 09, 2014

Good for - calcification, depleting other essential nutrients and causing difficult to resolve gut pH issues. If you find benefit from supplementing calcium, strongly suggest looking into why that might be. I can't think of one good reason to do so that can't be resolved another less detrimental way - I can think of many reasons not to. If it's a citrate thing - try citric acid or magnesium citrate. If it's for oxalates - try manganese or magnesium or vit K1. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Does the Job Well

Posted by Reviewer2580814 on Mar 27, 2008

This is a fine, bio-available calcium. I use 2 tsp. (I need a lot), four times per day (between meals). I take it together with Dr's Best magnesium, vitamin A (from fish liver oil), and vitamin D (cholecalciferol).

Now Foods, Calcium Citrate Powder

Posted by Reviewer1083504 on Oct 28, 2008

an excellent way to take a calcium supplement without pills or capsules. Dissolves instantly

calcium citrate powder

Posted by Reviewer3173464 on Jun 13, 2008

This is the only site I could find this product. I like this brand because it gives me the pure calcium citrate powder without any citric acid or other additives. It tastes better and saves me $$!

Calcium nothing else

Posted by Reviewer2427281 on Oct 14, 2008

Best thing I like is that there are no additives.