Now Foods, Calcium Citrate, 100% Pure Powder, 8 oz (227 g)

Cal Powder

Posted by Reviewer2253141 on May 19, 2010

This stuff gets me my calcium easily. I swirl it in a tiny bit of water, it dissolves and I drink it. Easy. Does not taste like anything. Looks like milk when all dissolved. I wish this calcium came in 500 mg pure capsule pills, but they don't. However, this is better because I can more easily monitor the calcium dosage per day because it is a powder. It is hard to transport though, and I put it in a mini-Nalgene liquid container that I got from the Container Store.

Great product!

Posted by Reviewer3158093 on May 25, 2010

I ordered this after UpCal D reformulated their calcium to have so much filler. NOW Foods makes a product that is pure calcium with no fillers. This makes for easy blending and the powder is barely noticeable. When I mix it with yogurt, I can't even tell there is anything extra in it. I also mix it in drinks with no problem.

Supplementing calcium is a terrible idea

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Mar 09, 2014

Good for - calcification, depleting other essential nutrients and causing difficult to resolve gut pH issues. If you find benefit from supplementing calcium, strongly suggest looking into why that might be. I can't think of one good reason to do so that can't be resolved another less detrimental way - I can think of many reasons not to. If it's a citrate thing - try citric acid or magnesium citrate. If it's for oxalates - try manganese or magnesium or vit K1. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Good Product

Posted by Reviewer2368048 on Jan 17, 2014

Haven't noticed any change, but it does mix well and doesn't have any bad taste

Cheap!

Posted by sav430 on Jun 26, 2012

Just calcium citrate without the extra crap that is added in pills. Taking this is also a lot cheaper than buying pills. 5 stars easy!