| English
| USD ($)

Now Foods, Calcium Citrate, 100% Pure Powder, 8 oz (227 g)

Cal Powder

Posted by Reviewer2253141 on May 19, 2010

This stuff gets me my calcium easily. I swirl it in a tiny bit of water, it dissolves and I drink it. Easy. Does not taste like anything. Looks like milk when all dissolved. I wish this calcium came in 500 mg pure capsule pills, but they don't. However, this is better because I can more easily monitor the calcium dosage per day because it is a powder. It is hard to transport though, and I put it in a mini-Nalgene liquid container that I got from the Container Store.

Great product!

Posted by Reviewer3158093 on May 25, 2010

I ordered this after UpCal D reformulated their calcium to have so much filler. NOW Foods makes a product that is pure calcium with no fillers. This makes for easy blending and the powder is barely noticeable. When I mix it with yogurt, I can't even tell there is anything extra in it. I also mix it in drinks with no problem.

Now Foods, Calcium Citrate Powder, 8 oz.

Posted by Reviewer1947628 on Jan 19, 2010

They do not call it "New and Improved", but that's what I call it. This powder is finer than the last one was, and mixes much more smoothly into foods.

Something Not Right With This

Posted by Reviewer3304349 on Apr 21, 2009

I've used many different brands of calcium citrate. I've enjoyed other Now brand products so I gave this calcium citrate powder a try. Unfortunately I had to discontinue use after 2 days. I was taking 200mg 3x per day (weighed on scale and poured in empty vcaps). WIthin 24 hours I noticed something was not right. For several hours after each dose I was extremely thirsty. I dont think I've ever been that thirsty in my life. By the second day, I started to feel a soreness in my left kidney (I never had any pain or sensation there before). That was enough for me, I discontinued this product and my symptoms disappeared. I cannot recommend this product to anyone.

powdered calcium

Posted by Reviewer1820848 on Aug 02, 2008

I am allergic to shellfish so I have to be careful regarding the source of calcium in supplements. This one is fine, but I do have a difficult time getting it to dissolve and find I need to heat the liquid.