Supplementing calcium is a terrible idea

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Mar 09, 2014

Good for - calcification, depleting other essential nutrients and causing difficult to resolve gut pH issues. If you find benefit from supplementing calcium, strongly suggest looking into why that might be. I can't think of one good reason to do so that can't be resolved another less detrimental way - I can think of many reasons not to. If it's a citrate thing - try citric acid or magnesium citrate. If it's for oxalates - try manganese or magnesium or vit K1. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Something Not Right With This

Posted by Reviewer3304349 on Apr 21, 2009

I've used many different brands of calcium citrate. I've enjoyed other Now brand products so I gave this calcium citrate powder a try. Unfortunately I had to discontinue use after 2 days. I was taking 200mg 3x per day (weighed on scale and poured in empty vcaps). WIthin 24 hours I noticed something was not right. For several hours after each dose I was extremely thirsty. I dont think I've ever been that thirsty in my life. By the second day, I started to feel a soreness in my left kidney (I never had any pain or sensation there before). That was enough for me, I discontinued this product and my symptoms disappeared. I cannot recommend this product to anyone.

Musician and healer

Posted by Reviewer1066250 on Jan 05, 2009

A most pure product at a best price.

powdered calcium

Posted by Reviewer1820848 on Aug 02, 2008

I am allergic to shellfish so I have to be careful regarding the source of calcium in supplements. This one is fine, but I do have a difficult time getting it to dissolve and find I need to heat the liquid.

Now Foods, Calcium Citrate Powder, 8 oz (227 g) (NOW-01240) 4811

Posted by Reviewer1733868 on Sep 20, 2008

Mixes easily with orange juice

mr

Posted by Reviewer2719803 on Mar 19, 2008

Use this product on advice from vet for my Bichon Frise, who readily develops calcium oxylate stones.

calcium citrate powder

Posted by Reviewer2484651 on Dec 25, 2007

Always receive order promptly. Cannot find this powder many places!!!!! Thanks

Ukraine

Posted by Reviewer3120418 on Oct 30, 2013

great product

It's good!

Posted by 5190339346336940340 on Aug 22, 2013

It's good! My pets like it very much.

User from Finland

Posted by Reviewer2928659 on Jan 19, 2014

I am so happy to find this for my 2 yrs daughter. She doesnt take any piills and doesnt drink milk. This is fantastic to put her porridge in the morning.