Great stuff!

Posted by Reviewer3138798 on Nov 15, 2011

I use it to make toothpaste. It was shipped fast, very high quality. Great all around!

My Opinion

Posted by Reviewer3098280 on Jun 12, 2014

Today is the 2nd time I used the powdered calcium citrate. The powder is extremly easy to mix and I mix it with just enough water, stir, and drink. It tastes like nothing. Today I took it with a buffered vitamin C powder and vitamin D after I ate lunch. No stomach issues. The powder is a bit messy, but I can deal with it. Calcium Citrate is quickly available to the body which is what I was looking for, and I read it is great not only for us but elders as their lower stomach acids can digest this form more easily than a calcium carbonate or any other forms of calcium. I also use a product called Calm (a magnesium citrate/carbonate) which says it balances out the calcium so before I go to sleep I will take 1/4 tsp (a dose that works for me) for a good night's sleep. It is still early to tell how much more I will like this product since I am a new user, so I am giving it 3.5 stars.

Calcium Citrate Powder

Posted by Reviewer2905650 on Sep 05, 2009

I bought the Now Foods Calcium Citrate powder since I have a hard time swallowing tablets. Chewable calcium, aside from the sugared up "choclate" versions in the suppermarket, are hard to find.It is a little gritty, but it is recommended to add it to thick drinks. The product itself is good, the powdered form is so so.

Using it as a dog diet supplement

Posted by Reviewer2189206 on Oct 20, 2009

One of my dogs has calcium oxalate stones so I began home cooking for my pets. This product is PERFECT for dogs with CO stone issues since calcium must be added to home cooked foods and this particular product does not encourage stone creation.

ok

Posted by Reviewer2446901 on Dec 04, 2009

very difficult to dissolve in water. I prefer pill

Easily absorbable calcium

Posted by Reviewer1674982 on Dec 10, 2013

Powdered calcium is more easily utilized by our system than pills. No more need for dairy products, woo hoo!

Nice product, good price

Posted by Reviewer2866520 on Oct 21, 2010

Use this in protein shakes, that way its tasteless. I couldnt take it in juice or water as I hate the taste & texture.

Meh

Posted by 5121441991728928741 on Nov 29, 2014

Works alright for what it is, but bone broth addition makes me noticeably calmer so this source of calcium is probably not very good. But it is alright for a calcium citrate source and very cheap for what it is.

absorbs well

Posted by Reviewer1827451 on Jul 10, 2013

you can feel it reaching tissue and bloodstream in the mouth already. i wish i could give it a higher rating but it does taste and feel synthetic. i prefer dolomite or other sourced minerals for that reason.

Won't buy again

Posted by Reviewer2720007 on Dec 08, 2010

Terrible chalky taste. Doesn't dissolve very good.