Now Foods, Calcium & Magnesium, 240 Softgels

Reviews 1-star

Caused horrific indigestion and acid reflux!

Posted by Reviewer2442467 on Apr 25, 2010

Shortly after I began taking this product last Fall (after switching from Enzymatic Therapy brand), I developed horrible acid reflux and a gnawing/burning pain in my stomach. Not realizing that this supplement was the cause, I began taking Prilosec last November because the symptoms were so severe. I also eliminated all of my extraneous supplements, but continued taking my multi, fish oil and calcium. Still, I found no relief and could not even go a single day without the Prilosec. Then, I decided to retrace my steps and figure out exactly what I did differently just prior to the onset of these symptoms. Switching to this brand of calcium/magnesium was the only thing that was new. I stopped taking it a week ago, and can now go without the Prilosec for the first time in 5 months!!! I don't know if my reaction occurred because the product was spoiled or because the ingredients. After this experience, I have to say I will never try anything in the "Now" product line again. I will stick with Jarrow and Enzymatic Therapy.

Now Foods, Calcium & Magnesium, Vitamin D, 240 Softgels

Posted by Reviewer1878640 on Jan 07, 2009

I much perferred the "country Life" Cal and Mag with Vit D for 2 reasons: 1) Now Food used Cal Carbinate which causes constipation. 2) Now Softgel smells fishy and the color of the Softgel changes to a yellowish color. Because of these reasons I developed an aversion to taking this product.

capsules very large

Posted by Reviewer3079255 on Mar 21, 2009

i returned these as they are so large that swallowing would have been difficult. i guess on line it is difficult to know how large the capsules will be - perhaps you can put something on the description indicating that they are large.

Too big to swallow

Posted by Reviewer1152844 on Feb 23, 2008

Although these are advertised as easy to swallow, they are too big to be easy to swallow for me. I have not been able to get one down.

Too big

Posted by PinkOveralls on Nov 20, 2008

A little hard to swallow because of their size.