Now Foods, Caprylic Acid, 600 mg, 100 Softgels

Taking to Help Restore My Gut

Posted by 4757067475265113399 on Aug 26, 2014

Hi. I took this to help some dermatis that I got on my face. I'm pretty sure it came from a "bad" gut. I was eating a lot of sweets right before I got this. It is pretty much gone now. I think it was the combination of the caprylic acid, coconut oil, grapeseed oil (all to kill fungus) and then Florastor (which is a "good" yeast). It has all really helped and I can say that my HORRIBLE perioral dermatis is all cleared up. It took about a month, though. You have to stick with the program and cut down on sweets. I still ate a few, just not as many!

Works on pets

Posted by 5062574748868706221 on Oct 05, 2013

My dog was diagnosed with a really bad yeast infection. I didn't want to use prescription antifungals because they're very bad for the liver, so I decided to try caprylic acid. My dog has now been on it for five weeks and the difference is very obvious. His ears look better and so does his skin. Will keep him on it for a while to make sure the yeast infection is completely gone. I guess because it's natural, it takes longer for caprylic acid to work than regular prescription antifungals would -- but I think it's worth it since you're not putting your dog's liver at risk.

Candida Aid

Posted by Reviewer3131881 on Jul 03, 2012

This is the first time I have tried this product and I have found it seems to help control Cadida Albicans, although it does take quite a while and you still need to use other natural health products as well.

One a day helps keep the bugs away

Posted by Reviewer3323814 on May 28, 2010

Effective in controlling candida albicans. Good quality product. I used this in conjunction with psyllium husk and bentonite clay mixture to allow the caprylic acid to work farther into the G.I. tract.

seems to help

Posted by marianF on Jun 26, 2013

I decided to try caprylic acid to treat candida after researching its antifungal properties.I've been taking it for 3 weeks and from the first 3 days I experienced an immediate relief from the symptoms (itching, burning, spots, congestion etc.).Then the symptoms came back for a while and thought that the caprylic acid stopped working or that the candida had somehow become resistant to it.However, after another day or two, I started feeling better again, a lot better than before taking the supplement.So I think it works to some degree, but not as a total solution to the candida problem as symptoms are still there though much less severe.I plan on finishing the bottle and then perhaps, try coconut oil.In the meantime, I just ordered Pure Essence's Candex, which has got very high ratings, and can't wait for my order to arrive to start this as well.To sum up, Now Foods caprylic acid was worth buying and it has helped a lot.