Not good for laxative

Posted by Reviewer2646290 on Oct 02, 2011

Once I discovered that Now had castor oil capsules couldn't wait to try them since the liquid is very unpleasant to take. I give Now an A+ for effort, but if you are looking to use this as a laxative stick with the liquid form and don't waste your money. An adult serving of the liquid form is 1 to 4 tablespoons for laxative purposes. However, these capsules contain only 1/8 teaspoon each. I gave it two tries: 10 capsules at once and 1 tablespoon equivalent at once - came up with bupkis each time. One would probably have to consume the entire bottle (or almost) for laxative results. A more pleasant way to take the liquid: Take a tablespoon at a time mixed with 1T of lemon juice, quickly swallow while pinching the nose so you don't smell the castor oil - works like a charm; or mix the entire amount you want to take in a fruit smoothie and drink it down.

No effect at all - a waste of my money

Posted by Reviewer1809365 on Mar 21, 2011

The indicated dosage is one capsule. Even with 3-4 capsules, i did not experience at effects at all! I bought it to help me overcome chrobic constipation, but sorry, it does nothing at all for me.

Castor oil is Amazing!

Posted by Reviewer2582844 on Feb 05, 2010

There are many uses and cures using castor oil. I was drinking the liquid stuff which is absolutely disgusting! when i found out there were capsules i could take instead i nearly fell off my chair! this stuff has been a real life saver for me in many ways. Im actually using it for a stubborn cough that i have and it has helped tremendously! it works great. still figuring out what else it could do to improve my health.

for my doggies and for me, back to basics and the best

Posted by burdypie on Sep 07, 2009

I control my dogs' parasites with this, 2 per day ,a and for the lower gut I freeze them, that way they are releasing further on down the gut..same is true for me, and you can take more in the dose if you have capsules frozen, up to four at a time without upsetting the bowels.Dogs look better and i fancy it helps with fleas too but not sure yet.

great product

Posted by Reviewer1013081 on Sep 30, 2011

This along with the woodworm pills do provide a good colon cleanse.

Good Product

Posted by Reviewer1708018 on Apr 06, 2010

My Ayurvedic doctor suggested taking castor oil capsules daily to keep your digestion and elimination healthy. These are easy to swallow and I haven't had any problems with these capsules (I normally have trouble taking any kind of oil-filled capsules because they dissolve and make me queasy). I take 2 at night before bed with a glass of warm water. They can also be used as an occasional laxative and are never harsh.

Excellent product

Posted by Reviewer1841060 on Oct 17, 2013

I use this both to prevent constipation and to kill parasites. It works well for both purposes. Ideally the gel capsules should be put in the freezer, and be well frozen, before eaten, to maximize anti-parasitic properties (when frozen, they disintegrate further down in the intestines, where the parasites live). You need to take more than recommended, I take 7 frozen (or not frozen, if work or anything else makes avaliability of frozen ones difficult) 3 times a day, on an empty stomach (1 hour before breakfast/lunch/dinner).

We all like to take them

Posted by Reviewer2811337 on Feb 06, 2012

My whole family likes them. I take 2 every day as a healing stool softener. My son likes to take them when he's a little constipated. The little boy across the street likes to chew on them when he's constipated. His parents took a bottle from us once when he was totally plugged up during toilet training; it worked.

A WASTE OF MONEY!

Posted by Reviewer1324255 on Apr 12, 2011

These pills are very weak. They did not aid me with bowel movements at all. A waste of my money!

Castor Oil With A Smile!

Posted by Reviewer1613963 on Mar 15, 2010

Now Foods, Castor Oil Softgels, are the perfect alternative to the liquid I was forced to ingest as a child; and, I highly recommend it. g. cunningham lakewood, n.j.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »