CHINESE GROWM STEVIA

Posted by 4815906586666087871 on Aug 26, 2015

WARNING: Label DOES NOT indicate that this is a product of China and packaged in US. The item you receive has this printed on the label. For shame NOW and sloppy iherb. For increased corporate profits you lie to and cheat your loyal customers.

2nd worst stevia Ive tried so far.

Posted by Reviewer1949042 on Mar 21, 2009

I have tried 6-7 different stevia products lately because of my normal supplier had moved locations and their stock was low. My favorites are the KAL Pure stevia extract or Nustevia (pure extract not the powder). Only one product i have tried is worse than this and it had a flowery taste. This one is not very concentrated (it took about 10x the amount of i normally use of the KAL or nustevia. It also has an aftertaste and seemed to make me nauseated. I normally have very good luck with NOW products and in fact ordered 3 because of the confidence I have in the brand, but this time I was disappointed. Those of you who like this product would LOVE one of the two I mentioned.

Doesn't even come close to KAL stevia--don't be fooled by a lower price

Posted by Reviewer1493931 on Feb 08, 2012

I've used stevia extract for 17 years...tried many different brands, but they all had a strange aftertaste. Then I found the KAL "pure stevia extract." Have been a loyal KAL user until I ran out and iHerb was out of stock. So I decided to try the NOW brand (I like NOW for many other supplements). It is also much cheaper than the KAL brand. Big mistake. The taste is awful, and we had to use at least triple the amount to get the same sweetening power (so there goes the price difference). I'm sticking with the KAL brand for the best, well-rounded flavor with no aftertaste. And when you consider how little you need to use for MAJOR sweetening power, the KAL brand is really the best value.

Not for me unfortunately..

Posted by Reviewer1676460 on May 23, 2012

I was going to loose some weight by summer, so, I liked that this product contains zero calories. But I don't stand the aftertaste of this stevia, which is very pity, for, I ordered 2 cans. So, I will continue to use honey in my diet and give up with stevia.

New "Better Stevia" is not the same as old product

Posted by Reviewer3133067 on Jul 25, 2011

I always loved this product and have used it for years. Recently they changed the packaging and apparently they changed the product. I don't like the new product at all. It's bitter, and you have to use a lot more to get the taste of sweetness. I am going to have to find a new brand.

Quite bitter

Posted by 5327836294223804588 on Sep 26, 2016

Unfortunately, this product tastes very bitter to me. I've tried using a little or a lot and even mixing it with water first. I just get a sweetish, black licorice taste that isn't working for me. The bitter taste is particularly noticeable in coffee and other drinks.

Now Foods Stevia Extract

Posted by Reviewer1682363 on Mar 17, 2010

This is a very inferior product and I'm very sorry I ordered 4 thinking it would be the same as the brand we had been using which was out of stock. It's bitter.

It is interesting product

Posted by Reviewer1947849 on Jul 11, 2011

I've never tasted stevia extract before and my impressions of it are quite different. At first, this little ekstakt bitter, then sweet taste of it. In baking, perhaps it will not put. You can use it, probably only in tea or coffee. I guess I will not soon buy again this product.

Not a good sweetener

Posted by Reviewer1606187 on Aug 09, 2011

Not as sweet and is quite bitter. I prefer Kal Stevia, it is uncomparable.

Do not buy this from iHerb.com

Posted by 5001491356706418646 on Apr 05, 2016

If you are buying from India, stay away from iHerb as you may end up paying 53% of duty fee. Be careful witl iHerb rates in INR and the hidden customs charges + DHL hidden charges which are not shown anywhere in the website. My rating is not for the product, its for iHerb.com