Measurements for Stevia extract

Posted by Reviewer1851115 on Jan 08, 2008

I worked out the equivalent measurements for this product. One TEASPOON is the equivalent of one CUP of sugar. I made some pumpkin pies using this ratio (ONE AND 1/2 TEASPOONS TOTAL for two deep dish pies) and they turned out fantastic. Not cloying sweet but with a slight honey aftertaste. Great value, wish there were larger containers.

best sweetener yet

Posted by Reviewer3203834 on Feb 25, 2010

This Stevia extract does not compare with the most popular Stevia product which has been cut with a filler. It takes only a fraction of a teaspoon to sweeten my beverages. It has no bitter or aftertaste.

Love this product!

Posted by jeplace on Mar 27, 2007

Stevia is so healthy for you - the best sugar substitute - or low cal substitute. It is an herb. I have taken this for a long time. I like the taste of this product better than other stevia products. You only need a tiny bit, but i do find once you get used to the tasted, you need more for that sweet taste if you are lookinf for that. It is a great price, less than health food stores, however I notice the price here was just raised fro last time I ordered it.

I love it

Posted by Reviewer2188044 on Feb 23, 2010

I love this product and particularly the fact that it is organic, which makes a big difference to me. It tastes great and I wished more stevia powders were organic with no added ingredients.

Stevia >> Artificial Sweeteners

Posted by Reviewer2654632 on Sep 16, 2010

Stevia is actually natural, and outside the US is approved for use as a sweetener and has been for many years. It is around 300 times sweeter than sugar, so a little goes a long way. The straight extract also does not contain any of the cheap bulking agents that raise caloric content and are high GI like glucose or maltodextrin. It does have the ever slightest aftertaste, though. I mix it with erythritol for texture and bulk, and the combination seems to eliminate the aftertaste.

NOW Stevia Extract

Posted by Reviewer1811886 on May 22, 2010

I love this sweetener! It's great in hot chocolate and i also make lemonade low-glycemic, low-calorie, delicious lemonade using this sweetener. Juice one lemon. Add twice as much water as lemon juice. Add Stevia Extract to desired sweetness.

Nice substitute

Posted by Reviewer1296906 on Oct 14, 2010

I really like this sweetener. Only takes a small amount to sweeten anything. Tastes bitter by itself but once added to something loses all bitter taste and sweetens very well. Highly recommended.

Best

Posted by 5394297633422633993 on Nov 28, 2013

Best stevia I have tasted

Great and Inexpensive

Posted by Reviewer1900143 on Dec 31, 2013

I've used the liquid Stevia. Decided to try this for good Stevia that is less expensive. Have gone through six bottles of this. It has worked out as much less expensive. It is good. Always NOW for quality.

Great stevia!

Posted by Reviewer2949310 on Nov 20, 2007

This is a great price for some of the best stevia I've ever had--and it is pure, not mixed with anything.