Now Foods, Certified Organic, BetterStevia, Extract Powder, 1 oz (28 g)

Doesn't even come close to KAL stevia--don't be fooled by a lower price

Posted by Reviewer1493931 on Feb 08, 2012

I've used stevia extract for 17 years...tried many different brands, but they all had a strange aftertaste. Then I found the KAL "pure stevia extract." Have been a loyal KAL user until I ran out and iHerb was out of stock. So I decided to try the NOW brand (I like NOW for many other supplements). It is also much cheaper than the KAL brand. Big mistake. The taste is awful, and we had to use at least triple the amount to get the same sweetening power (so there goes the price difference). I'm sticking with the KAL brand for the best, well-rounded flavor with no aftertaste. And when you consider how little you need to use for MAJOR sweetening power, the KAL brand is really the best value.

New "Better Stevia" is not the same as old product

Posted by Reviewer3133067 on Jul 25, 2011

I always loved this product and have used it for years. Recently they changed the packaging and apparently they changed the product. I don't like the new product at all. It's bitter, and you have to use a lot more to get the taste of sweetness. I am going to have to find a new brand.

only stevia - nothing added, very economy, small scoop inside

Posted by Reviewer1877965 on Mar 27, 2011

i like this stevia much better when stevia pills, as pills always have additional ingredients It's very economy - you receive this jar with the small scoop inside, which help me measure stevia. Or course it have a little taste, every stevia have it. But it's not bad taste.

Now Foods, Stevia Extract, 1 oz (28 g)

Posted by Reviewer2845832 on Feb 12, 2010

I use the pure extract in my coffee, on my fruit&yogurt, and in smoothies predominately. It is my favorite form of Stevia, and the Now Foods product from I-Herb, has been the best choice from an economic view, and the service has been good.

Very pleased

Posted by Reviewer3294312 on Feb 15, 2010

Very pleased with the taste, I am going to try it out in muffins soon